Windows 10: Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter...

Discus and support Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As is clear from the many many posts about BTTRAY error device cannot start code 10: Windows 10 is clearly faulty when dealing with USB bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanMann_NaplandGames, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter...

As is clear from the many many posts about BTTRAY error device cannot start code 10: Windows 10 is clearly faulty when dealing with USB bluetooth adapters. This has happened to me with multiple Broadcomm adapters an multiple Intel adapters.

How to fix?

Well... sometimes uninstalling the driver works, but that requires a reboot.

Another way is to change the driver version via the update driver option. I switch back and forth between driver versions and this works, but who the heck wants to do this?

Sometimes disabling the device then waiting a few minutes and re-enabling works just fine.

Currently I have 2 drivers I switch between for my Intel adapter:

20.100.0.4 (11/5/2018) and 20.30.0.3 (1/4/2018)

So what's going wrong here?

Windows tries to power on the device and must not be waiting a sufficient amount of time. Or it's only trying once.

When it actually does "Starting bluetooth service" the dialog window covers the screen and looks antiquated, which is an indicator to me that this process hasn't been changed since at least Windows 7.

Windows should make continued attempts to start the device which may resolve this issue. But I have a feeling it's deeper than that. What's not clear is that this does not occur with any laptop I've ever owned. I'm assuming the bluetooth adapters on laptops are not USB powered.

So... with the thousands of people fighting this problem, why is Microsoft not doing more to address it?

MS is trying to improve its customer service and feedback, yet they do not fix long-standing issues like this.

Please do better.

:)

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Jan 11, 2019

2. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Thank you for replying. Forgive me, I used the wrong terminology (I will edit the original post). I will clarify again here.

I cannot connect any bluetooth devices to my PC since the bluetooth adapter
    driver has the status:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I never received this error until after the Fall Creator's update. After several failed attempts to delete and reinstall the adapter driver, I tried to uninstall the Windows update. On start-up, I began to receive the following error message:

There was a problem starting C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\btmshellex.dll. The specified module could not be found.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the driver and using troubleshooting software (given by Microsoft) but the adapter still has the same device status. The adapter itself is fully functioning on other operating systems on my PC.

My PC is custom-built, the motherboard is an ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI, which has the bluetooth adapter built into it. The driver for it is the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver (version 19.41.0.1).

TorusZhang, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Error Code 12 Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter

That just added two Bluetooth devices to the list in device manager. It still seems random if the wireless network adapter works or not.

Furthermore, I noticed a new kind of behavior: After booting the computer everything was working, then suddenly I lost my internet connection. I checked device manager, and the wireless network adapter display error code 10: This device cannot start. I rebooted,
    and it's back to error code 12 again.

Can you explain this behavior? Should I perhaps attempt a system restore?

Jeppe Bech, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter...

Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Greetings,

After installing the Fall Creators update, I started experiencing problems with my bluetooth adapter driver (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)). The device manager gives

Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter... 68a0724c-1a5b-4ba7-9652-da9d8485e763.png

so I cannot connect any bluetooth device to my PC. I tried re-installing the adapter driver (by removing it entirely from my PC then reinstalling from Intel's website, my motherboard's DVD, etc.) which did not correct the problem, noting that it has always
    been in the latest version. I have used other things provided by Microsoft such as the installation/uninstallation troubleshooter, which suggested that the registries may have not properly been removed. This appeared to be the case, though this did not resolve
    the driver issue. Uninstalling the update and repeating the above did not fix this either. Any suggestions as how to proceed?

I note that the bluetooth adapter driver is fully functioning on my dual-booted Manjaro operating system.

TorusZhang, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter...

1. Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter... - Similar Threads - Yet another BTTray

2. Intel wireless bluetooth error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel wireless bluetooth error code: Hello! I keep getting a error code message on my Bluetooth that causes it to disconnect. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, restarting my computer, checking for windows updates and those all work but only temporarily. Could someone be able to give me a...
  3. Intel wireless bluetooth error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel wireless bluetooth error code: Hello! I keep getting a error code message on my Bluetooth that causes it to disconnect. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, restarting my computer, checking for windows updates and those all work but only temporarily. Could someone be able to give me a...
  4. Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Hello! Now, I have another problem. Bluetooth doesn't want to work. In the device manager, next to Intel Wireless Bluetooth, there is a small yellow triangle exclamation mark inside. And this error code greets me: This device cannot be started. Code: 10...
  5. Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Hello! Now, I have another problem. Bluetooth doesn't want to work. In the device manager, next to Intel Wireless Bluetooth, there is a small yellow triangle exclamation mark inside. And this error code greets me: This device cannot be started. Code: 10...
  6. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10: [ATTACH] I am having this issue for the past 4 days. I tried everything stated on this page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-adapter-device-cannot-start-code-10/209550e9-988b-487a-beed-009cbf96190b?auth=1 Please help me....
  7. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Iam using 64bit windows 10 and after some update, I started experiencing problems with my Bluetooth adapter driver IntelR Wireless BluetoothR. so I cannot connect any Bluetooth device to my laptop. I tried re-installing the adapter driver by removing it entirely from my...
  8. Intel Bluetooth adapter cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Intel Bluetooth adapter cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Windows 10 pro GA-Z97-D3H motherboard Intel adapter that doubles as both wifi, and bluetooth. Over the last few days, my bluetooth adapter has failed a number of times. When it fails, there is no bluetooth icon, nothing can connect to bluetooth, and the device shows with...
  9. Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. (Code 10): Computer kept randomly freezing/restarting so I went through some steps to fix them, did a DISM scan then sfc /scannow which claimed to fix a bunch of issues. Then Bluetooth stopped working and I couldn't figure out a fix. Fully reinstalled windows and no fix :(. In device...
  10. Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Status_Device_Power_Failure (Code 10) Device Cannot Start

Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Status_Device_Power_Failure (Code 10) Device Cannot Start: This driver has been working for awhile, seems like it stopped working within the last two weeks, is there a known issue tied to a specific windows update or other related issue? The following troubleshooting has been attempted: Uninstall driver Use default windows driver...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bttray error windows 10

2. windows 10 bttray error

3. Intel(R) Wireless AC 9560 This device cannot start. (code 10){Operation failed}

4. Why does my laptop say bttray not found when i switch it on ?,
  5. bttray error,
  6. cannot start microsoft bluetooth stack,
  7. bluetooth stack service,
  8. unable to start the bluetooth stack service,
  9. intel bluetooth the device cannot start,
  10. BTTray Error Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service win 10,
  11. bttray unable to start the bluetooth stack service windows 10,
  12. bluetooth stack service error