Windows 10: Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803

Discus and support Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Following a fresh reinstall it seems I am now in the same position as many before me - high DPC latency causing audio crackling, popping and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rcarter15, May 15, 2018.

1. rcarter15 Win User

Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803

Hi all,

Following a fresh reinstall it seems I am now in the same position as many before me - high DPC latency causing audio crackling, popping and distortion (especially in Kodi :-( )

I've read everything I can find online and yet I'm still suffering this issue.

This is a fresh install of windows 10 x64 Pro RS 4 on a Dell Inspiron 15r se (7520).

Accordingly to Latencymon the high DPC latency is being caused by ndis.sys. The ISR is down to i8042prt.sys which is the driver for my laptop keypad.

The issue with DPC does go away if I disable the Wireless NIC (Intel Centrino N 2230) but I need the wireless option. I have tried the all available drivers for the Centrino N 2230, none seem to make any difference.

I have power settings to max and 100% cpu usage min / max with no sleep on wifi and no power control on usb etc.

I've set the /tick and done a tcp optimizer.

Its work pointing out that I have ghosted a clean fresh windows 10 install so I can restore and test drivers at any time.

any thoughts?? Latencymon results are included below. The annoying thing is that I had no issue before I decided to rebuild to RS4. And yes I have tried going back to RS3, I even did a low level format for the sake of cleanness.

thanks

Richard

Code: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 3:22:42 (h:mm:ss) on all processors. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ SYSTEM INFORMATION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Computer name: DESKTOP-KTUQ4O5 OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64) Hardware: Inspiron 7520, Dell Inc., 0PXH02 CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz Logical processors: 4 Processor groups: 1 RAM: 8067 MB total _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU SPEED _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Reported CPU speed: 2594 MHz Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event. Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 32653.974763 Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 4.988388 Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 32650.816853 Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.423473 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED ISRs _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal. Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 70.555513 Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: i8042prt.sys - i8042 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.001164 Driver with highest ISR total time: i8042prt.sys - i8042 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.001631 ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 98150 ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED DPCs _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution. Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 32673.097147 Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.068011 Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp. Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.160623 DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 31936928 DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 9952 DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 451 DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 1465 DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution. Process with highest pagefault count: none Total number of hard pagefaults 0 Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 0 Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 0.0 Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.0 Number of processes hit: 0 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ PER CPU DATA _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 169.367235 CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 70.555513 CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.728034 CPU 0 ISR count: 63287 CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 32673.097147 CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 70.350211 CPU 0 DPC count: 31346530 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 168.380218 CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 56.564765 CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.054377 CPU 1 ISR count: 27345 CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 9794.580185 CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.973163 CPU 1 DPC count: 102504 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 88.552004 CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 29.897070 CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.003656 CPU 2 ISR count: 2980 CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 12137.331534 CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 5.617731 CPU 2 DPC count: 365166 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 170.194935 CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 53.047417 CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.007475 CPU 3 ISR count: 4538 CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 11446.78990 CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 1.201150 CPU 3 DPC count: 135514 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/quote]

:)

rcarter15, May 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, May 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

Before upgrade to Windows 10, I've noted the high DPC Latency with Windows 7/64 bits ultimate too. I"ve tried some things, but leave it as it was...

WilliamDKF, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803

1. Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803 - Similar Threads - Yet another DPC

2. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  3. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  4. Yet another DPC watchdog minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yet another DPC watchdog minidump: It's a six year old PC, updated to Windows 11, so it could be a hardware issue. DPC Watchdog BSOD usually within minutes holding my breath now! chkdsk ran, sfc ran. Just a mouse plug in just microsoft mouse driver Minidump linked for the wizards....
  5. Yet another DPC watchdog minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yet another DPC watchdog minidump: It's a six year old PC, updated to Windows 11, so it could be a hardware issue. DPC Watchdog BSOD usually within minutes holding my breath now! chkdsk ran, sfc ran. Just a mouse plug in just microsoft mouse driver Minidump linked for the wizards....
  6. MASSIVE DPC Latency issues with Asus GL553 since 1803

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MASSIVE DPC Latency issues with Asus GL553 since 1803: Asus ROG GL553ve 16 GB RAM Core i7 7700HQ SSD + HDD I've had this computer for years. It worked fine until out of nowhere -maybe one of those magical Windows Updates for your own good- started giving me horrible audio glitches (popping, delays, stutters). I also started...
  7. Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64: Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: Running Win 7 Pro with Service Pak 1 on a HP PC Desktop Mo h8-1360t 1.00 and I want to upgrade (not a fresh install) upgrade Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro. 64 Bit Spec: Processor is Intel (R) Quad Core I-7-3770CPU 3.4 GHZ, 10 GB Mem ,...
  8. Yet another windows 10 1803 victim!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet another windows 10 1803 victim!: Any help appreciated. I installed the 1803 upgrade and it ended with the black screen and recycle bin scenario. I’ve tried almost every solution I could find on line but none worked. I don’t have an 8gb USB so would have to buy one and even if I did no one I know has a PC I...
  9. Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 release 1803 (build 17134.285); fatal DPC Latency problems. Issue with Sept MS...: Hi, I have a Windows 10 (Home edition) PC that was running flawlessly since November 2017. No new software was added since it was set up, only updates to Windows 10 and to the small collection (two) of radio related applications I use. My hardware: Zotac ID-90-Plus. i7...
  10. Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10: In the attached display snippet below you can see my problem. This is a snippet of the Display Settings screen; the different choices along the left side. Clear example of the problem is the difference in the two f characters in the word Offline Maps. The first f has a thick...