Windows 10: Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist

Discus and support Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've, been trying to solve a flickering screen issue for some time now. I have done the troubleshooting recommended by Microsoft, including 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimFekete, Oct 19, 2019.

1. JimFekete Win User

Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist

I've, been trying to solve a flickering screen issue for some time now. I have done the troubleshooting recommended by Microsoft, including 1) checking if Task Manager flickers (it does); 2) noting that external monitor doesn't flicker, even when the primary is flickering. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, including the one on the manufacturer's (HP) website, as well as the driver installed by Windows Update. Nothing makes any difference.

The only thing that makes a difference is turning off wifi. If wifi is turned off, the display immediately stops flashing. Turn wifi back on, and the screen immediately starts flashing again.

The flashing itself comes and goes, it isn't regular, it can flash from around once per second to once per 3-4 seconds. It starts and stops on its own. Sometimes will go for days or weeks without flashing, then will start again. Most recently it has started and hasn't stopped for about a month.

Would love to hear any ideas. Please don't post links to Microsoft's screen flickering troubleshooting guide, I've been there and done that multiple times with no change in how the machine performs.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

:)

JimFekete, Oct 19, 2019

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist

1. Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist - Similar Threads - Yet another flickering

2. A twist to another question. I'm baffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A twist to another question. I'm baffled.: This has been a question asked in the past but my question has a twist to the original. My keyboard on my laptop suddenly stopped typing certain letters. Now that has been answered. The twist is: the letters that will not type, will not type only after CERTAIN certain...
  3. One Drive transfers with a twist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive transfers with a twist: So I have a dilemma which has been driving me nutty...I have a college student account for schoolwork, but my computer is linked to my personal account. So everything automatically saves to my personal account. Normally this would be no problem as I just need to manually...
  4. One Drive transfers with a twist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive transfers with a twist: So I have a dilemma which has been driving me nutty...I have a college student account for schoolwork, but my computer is linked to my personal account. So everything automatically saves to my personal account. Normally this would be no problem as I just need to manually...
  5. One Drive transfers with a twist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Weird colour display and flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird colour display and flickering screen: Hello! I’ve been playing a new game recently but the colours look extremely pinkish and bright on my screen. I’ve streamed the game once and it looks normal to my friends but on my end it looks weird so I figured it might be my PC settings. On top of that, my screen keeps...
  7. Weird colour display and flickering screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird colour display and flickering screen: Hello! I’ve been playing a new game recently but the colours look extremely pinkish and bright on my screen. I’ve streamed the game once and it looks normal to my friends but on my end it looks weird so I figured it might be my PC settings. On top of that, my screen keeps...
  8. Weird screen flickering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen flickering.: I installed a wifi card in a computer and now the screen is flickering. submitted by /u/Chaperacles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ereion/weird_screen_flickering/
  9. Yet another Windows Update "some settings managed by organization" - but with a twist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another Windows Update "some settings managed by organization" - but with a twist: Hey guys, I know you've all seen 50 of these, as have I, but bear with me, as this is a bit different... First, the album with the relevant screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/a6b0sQk Now for more info: I used to be in the Insider program on Release Preview, but noticed I...
  10. Weird flickering and then white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird flickering and then white screen: Recently I've been having issues with my iMac that has boot camp running on Windows 10, so rather than using normal Mactonish I use Windows 10 for regular usage. I've been getting weird white flickering and then shortly after a complete white screen that stops everything....