Windows 10: Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update

Discus and support Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday, my brand new PC downloaded and installed the Windows Cumulative Update 20H2. Ever since then, it asks to be restarted to install the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by QT-Pro, Mar 9, 2021.

1. QT-Pro Win User

Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update

Yesterday, my brand new PC downloaded and installed the Windows Cumulative Update 20H2. Ever since then, it asks to be restarted to install the update and no matter how many times I restart, it continues with that nonsense.

According to Windows properties, my current version is 20H2 so clearly it has already installed.

Should I roll this back to 1909 or is there a way to stop the restart message?

:)

QT-Pro, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 9, 2021
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 9, 2021
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update - Similar Threads - Yet Another Issue

2. Having issues with the windows update KB4601319

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having issues with the windows update KB4601319: I've been having issues with this particular update since it was first released what would happen is it would download install but then device manager wouldn't work test manager wouldn't work Windows documents wouldn't work I had nothing but trouble right across the board I...
  3. Windows update KB4601319

Windows update KB4601319: This update fails to install at 98%. Error 0x800f0922/HelpMsg 2182 I have tried ALL the documented ways to fix the failure. Troubleshooters, sfc scannow, DSIM,Clean Boot, Switching off Virus/Firewall, Enlarging System Reserved Partition, Deleted Files in S/W Distribution...
  4. Yet another BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  5. Issue with KB4601319 update.

Issue with KB4601319 update.: Two days ago I updated my version of Windows 10 to 20H2 KB4601319. I ran the update. It took several hours, and finished eventually. It behaved perfectly normally except for the following issues. At first, it wouldn't let me login to my machine the next day. I had to change...
  6. W10 update KB4601319 fails to install

W10 update KB4601319 fails to install: All I need to hear from MS is that this is going to get fixed. My laptop has exhausted the maximum number of chances to pause the update and any time it forces the restart to install the KB4601319 it fails and the whole process takes 15 minutes of my precious time. I tried...
  7. Windows 10 update KB4601319 not completing

Windows 10 update KB4601319 not completing: So I recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad laptop don't know what type and I realized that I needed to update some things so, I update it but the update called "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4601319" keeps on failing to complete. I really...
  8. Yet another gigabit ethernet issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yet another gigabit ethernet issue: Hello everyone, Found this forum from my Google searches but couldn't find a similar issue. I use ethernet cable to connect my laptop to a router. My router supports gigabit connection and the wiring of the house is cat 5e. Yet the connection is very unstable on my...
  9. Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10: In the attached display snippet below you can see my problem. This is a snippet of the Display Settings screen; the different choices along the left side. Clear example of the problem is the difference in the two f characters in the word Offline Maps. The first f has a thick...
  10. Yet another slow mouse/display issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet another slow mouse/display issue: The other day, I posted, looking for help on why my mouse speed had dramatically slowed down, even though I hadn't made any settings changes I was aware of that would cause that effect. The drivers for my USB as well as for my mouse are up-to-date. The mouse in question...