Windows 10: Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in

Discus and support Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to input/record sound from the line input on my PC (HP Elite G100 Tower). There is no sound, nothing plays on the speakers, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by handyguy, Mar 12, 2020.

1. handyguy Win User

Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in

Hi,
    I am trying to input/record sound from the line input on my PC (HP Elite G100 Tower). There is no sound, nothing plays on the speakers, Windows Sound meters show no activity, and I cannot record. I do have ok sound from browser and media player on the pc. I have the latest software, drivers and bios installed.

Windows 10 is up to date: version 1909 build 18363.719.

The Realtek drivers have been updated as best I can, but they still show as pretty old (from the powershell script):
    The Windows driver dialog shows a date of 2017-12-19

I have downloaded the latest cab file from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...x?q=6.0.8874.1 ,but when I point update driver dialog to the file, windows refuses to install saying the best drivers are already installed. I also tried generic Windows drivers vs the files that HP provides. There was no improvement.

I have also tried two other external usb audio devices (Vantec nba-200u and a Project USB-V) that plug into the pc. Although they show up on Windows Sound, I cannot get any sound out of them either.

Audacity issues the following error when I try to record: "Error opening sound device".

Any ideas on what/how to install better drivers, or what else I might do?

Thanks for the help!

:)

handyguy, Mar 12, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 12, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Vivian_S Win User

Realtek Audio Playing Sound Out of One Side

Hi JoHo3_824,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Realtek drivers with the sound output on one speaker. I see that you have already tried troubleshooting on re-installing drivers and checking the balance settings for audio. We will certainly look into
    this for you.

For further clarity, please let us know:

1. What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    2. How are the headphone connected to your computer?(Bluetooth/USB/3.5mm wired)
    3. Have you tried connecting any alternate speakers/headphones?
    4. What is the make and model of the computer?

You can try the following steps and check.

Method 1: Run the audio troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and check.

Method 2: Install generic drivers manually

• Click on Search on Taskbar and type
      Device Manager.
    • In Device
      Manager, expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers
    • Right click on the RealtekAudio
      and select Update Driver.
    • Select the option Browse my computer for Driver Software.
    • In the next screen, select the option
      Let me pick from a list of available drivers
    • Check the box Show Compatible Hardware and then select the option
      High Definition Audio Device. Click on
      Yes if you get the prompt.
    Check if you are able to hear audio on both speakers.

Let us know how it goes and we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in - Similar Threads - Yet another realtek

2. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  3. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  4. Sound Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Realtek Audio Driver: Hello, I had just got a new case for my computer and had to move all my hardware. Everything seems to be working correctly though my headphones aren't playing any sound Audio-technica ATH-M50x. The sound was working perfectly fine before the change happened. The device is...
  5. Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem: My friend's games keep crashing while playing games like PUBG and Path of Exile. Here is the result from a "WhoCrashed" analysis of the latest dump: Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Tue...
  6. audio line in problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio line in problem: Hi, There's some problem with my line in audio. The jack is working fine, my pc detects the cable, I can hear the audio as well, but it doesn't show up on the volume mixer, neither can I control the level nor mute it. The weird part is even I disable the line in device in...
  7. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...
  8. sound/realtek audio

sound/realtek audio: Reltek driver updated on my laptop, and now the sound sounds weird and has a weird echo like surround sound effect. It plays the sounds in both sides of the headphones but its more vivid in either the left or right side. Ex; if there were drums in a music video it might...
  9. Line In audio bypasses REALTEK Equalizer

Line In audio bypasses REALTEK Equalizer: I just purchased some new headphones, which turned out to be a little too bass heavy for my liking. No problem, I just went into my realtek audio manager and under effects for the headphones, I turned the equalizer to the treble setting. Problem solved as far as Itunes and...
  10. Realtek sound problem

Realtek sound problem: Hi guys, can someone help me find if there is a realtek driver for win10 that supports DTS neo. I was forced to go back to win7 for that matter. Once i used one driver that worked with win 10 but i lost it and can't find compatible now*Smile 74839