Windows 10: Yet another slow mouse/display issue

Discus and support Yet another slow mouse/display issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The other day, I posted, looking for help on why my mouse speed had dramatically slowed down, even though I hadn't made any settings changes I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tesagk, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Tesagk Win User

Yet another slow mouse/display issue

The other day, I posted, looking for help on why my mouse speed had dramatically slowed down, even though I hadn't made any settings changes I was aware of that would cause that effect. The drivers for my USB as well as for my mouse are up-to-date.

The mouse in question is a Logitech gaming mouse, but I do not remember the exact model number.

In any case, I finally discovered a third display that I don't normally use was still showing up in my display options, even though I had unplugged it several days prior. I forced it to re-identify and when the extra screen disappeared, things seemed fine.

Then, a few hours later, I had the same issue with a slow mouse pointer. It wasn't lagging like one might find if the system is slowing down. The best way to describe it was as before, like someone had slowed down the cursor speed. However, this time, when I looked at my display options, there was no phantom display and, subsequently, I am befuddled about what the cause might be.

After some finagling, I somehow finally did get mouse options open with the cursor speed setting, and, like I suspected, it hadn't changed at all. I do find it sort of weird that I had to jump through hoops to get to it when I used to be able to get to it through Control Panel > Devices > Mouse

:)

Tesagk, Nov 30, 2017

2. Yet another battery issue

Did you check your WiFi? is it off all the time, or doing some weired stuffs (reconnecting continuously). Check all the apps you use, if you have battery monitor widget on HS just get rid of it, also get rid of all the unused HS widgets. Put the widgets
    on offline mode and check. Since you have waited for 1 month, the battery should have reached it stability point. My chief suspect is the WiFi. Again if you are in an area with poor 3G signal, its a good idea to put your phone to GSM mode. I would suggest
    you a soft reset (restore in setting menu) as well.

About the music i have just over 1200 songs in my library and have no issues. No freezing or anything.

Symbian_fan, Nov 30, 2017
  3. iProg Win User
    Yet another Sync issue..

I just have username entered, not *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

SSL is not used on the server.

Here is a step by step of my ActiveSync settings

Configure server....

Email address = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

attempt to detect exchange settings = not checked

server address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (insert ip address here) Which IS the correct address

Server requires SSL = not checked

username = username

password = password

domain = domain.local

... On the domain we have tried domain.local, mailsvr.domain.local, the ip address, the ip address with http:// and https:// (all time out and give the incorrect password error)

Save password = checked

I was trying to sync everything

Contacts, Calender, E-Mail, Tasks, & Text messages

However, after reading some other posts and issues I currently have ONLY E-Mail selected

iProg, Nov 30, 2017
  4. MrNeeds Win User

You may have clicked a DPI switch on the mouse itself, some gaming mice have "on the fly" DPI switching to allow fast movements in games and quickly switch to slow movements for precision aiming, I suggest looking for a button near/underneath the mouse wheel, but without knowing the model of mouse, there's not much more help we could offer.

MrNeeds, Dec 1, 2017
  5. Tesagk Win User
    It's on the bottom of the mouse (the model) G300s.

Would clicking such a button cause the issue of not being able to drag windows across one monitor to another? I don't think I had mentioned that fun little tidbit.

Tesagk, Dec 1, 2017
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    Have you remapped the G keys to anything in the Logitech G software?

MrNeeds, Dec 2, 2017
  7. Tesagk Win User
    I have not.

Tesagk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Yet another slow mouse/display issue - Similar Threads - Yet another slow

2. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  3. Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update: Yesterday, my brand new PC downloaded and installed the Windows Cumulative Update 20H2. Ever since then, it asks to be restarted to install the update and no matter how many times I restart, it continues with that nonsense. According to Windows properties, my current...
  4. Yet another BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  5. Yet another BSOD question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD question: Hello! I am Liam and I own a Lenovo windows 10 laptop, which is about 2 years old. Yesterday my laptop was experiencing frame skips, which could last from 1 to 5 seconds. I wanted to play a game with my friend, so I was thinking about restarting the pc, to maybe solve the...
  6. Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem: My friend's games keep crashing while playing games like PUBG and Path of Exile. Here is the result from a "WhoCrashed" analysis of the latest dump: Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Tue...
  7. Display/Mouse issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Mouse issue: Recently with windows 10 I've been having an issue where if I Alt-Tab from a full screen game my display bugs out when i Tab back to it and displays full screen but only in the upper left 1/8 or so of the screen. Also the mouse will only respond when in that small area but...
  8. Yet another windows 10 issue ASK Hijack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet another windows 10 issue ASK Hijack?: Hi, please help me. I have re loaded google to be my home page, and settings state it is. However every time I open a new tab in firefox and try a search it continues to use ask.com, which I really do not like. I don't know why it stopped working. Also advised of...
  9. Yet another gigabit ethernet issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yet another gigabit ethernet issue: Hello everyone, Found this forum from my Google searches but couldn't find a similar issue. I use ethernet cable to connect my laptop to a router. My router supports gigabit connection and the wiring of the house is cat 5e. Yet the connection is very unstable on my...
  10. Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10: In the attached display snippet below you can see my problem. This is a snippet of the Display Settings screen; the different choices along the left side. Clear example of the problem is the difference in the two f characters in the word Offline Maps. The first f has a thick...