Windows 10: Yet another windows 10 1803 victim!

Discus and support Yet another windows 10 1803 victim! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any help appreciated. I installed the 1803 upgrade and it ended with the black screen and recycle bin scenario. I’ve tried almost every solution I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nonegeek, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Nonegeek Win User

Yet another windows 10 1803 victim!

Any help appreciated. I installed the 1803 upgrade and it ended with the black screen and recycle bin scenario. I’ve tried almost every solution I could find on line but none worked. I don’t have an 8gb USB so would have to buy one and even if I did no one I know has a PC I can use to create a bootable file.

So I contacted Microsoft support and got through to 2nd line technical support who were really helping, but unfortunately my laptop takes nearly 20 minutes to fire up to the black screen. So I was asked to make a note of the case number and to get back on the chat when the black screen had loaded again so that he could help me. But when I contacted them again the 1st line support refused to put me through, and told me they couldn’t help unless I had a USB and laptop I could use. When I asked just please put me through to technical support he refused and said no as they will tell you the same. The line then went dead and I got an error message conveniently just passed their closing time.

so I’m now at a loss with an expensive (well for us) laptop that we can’t use! So any suggestions as to the cheapest way to fix this welcome. Do I just take it to a repair shop? Would that be easiest?

:)

Nonegeek, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Yet another windows 10 1803 victim! - Similar Threads - Yet another 1803

2. Yet another BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  3. Windows 10 falls victim to yet another major update fail

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 falls victim to yet another major update fail: Over the past few months, Microsoft has managed to release a series of problematic feature and cumulative updates for Windows 10 that have caused problems for some people. It seems like the Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are plagued with more...
  4. Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem: My friend's games keep crashing while playing games like PUBG and Path of Exile. Here is the result from a "WhoCrashed" analysis of the latest dump: Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Tue...
  5. Yet again... another failed update! 1803 - 1903!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet again... another failed update! 1803 - 1903!: I have 4 different PCs, 2 notebooks and 2 desktops so far the Windows 10 1903 upgrade has failed to install on any of them. The worst problem was with the newest on an Asus TUFF gaming notebook, 1903 upgrade attempts sent it into the dreaded "Windows upgrade install failed,...
  6. another forced windows 10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    another forced windows 10 1803 update: today again forced 1803 update that breaks my laptop performance always everytime i installed this update my performance was horrible for example im trying to play a game and its freezing my laptop everytime i open a game like minecraft windows 10 edition and my laptop...
  7. Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another DPC latency issue - Win 10 x 64 Pro - build 1803: Hi all, Following a fresh reinstall it seems I am now in the same position as many before me - high DPC latency causing audio crackling, popping and distortion (especially in Kodi :-( ) I've read everything I can find online and yet I'm still suffering this issue. This is...
  8. Yet another windows 10 issue ASK Hijack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet another windows 10 issue ASK Hijack?: Hi, please help me. I have re loaded google to be my home page, and settings state it is. However every time I open a new tab in firefox and try a search it continues to use ask.com, which I really do not like. I don't know why it stopped working. Also advised of...
  9. Another DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION victim

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION victim: Yet another DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION Stop Error 0x0..133 victim. I just wanted to know more information on what this is and if any remedy can be found. I have An Acer E5-721-80EE laptop that I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 late last year. I also reset the laptop by...
  10. Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10: In the attached display snippet below you can see my problem. This is a snippet of the Display Settings screen; the different choices along the left side. Clear example of the problem is the difference in the two f characters in the word Offline Maps. The first f has a thick...