Windows 10: Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

Discus and support Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just so people know. Microsoft released some new system update. The last time I shut down my laptop it wanted to install this update. Well, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenryStock, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

Just so people know. Microsoft released some new system update. The last time I shut down my laptop it wanted to install this update.

Well, when the system rebooted the whole dammed system was screwed up.

• All my custom settings, like the applications that I had pinned to the task bar were gone,
    • My start menu was reset so that applications and groups that I had organized on the start menu were gone,
    • The desktop was reset from the solid color that I had chosen to some Microsoft Windows image that I had gotten rid of.
    • My google chrome did not recognize me when I opened that application. I had to re login to Chrome before I could do anything.
    • Microsoft had reset my default browser to Edge when I had, had it set to Chrome.
    • My Outlook no longer connects to my mail server. The update wiped out all information from my Microsoft Office setup
    • I still use Microsoft Office 2010, which came with my laptop, but when I opened up Microsoft Word, it is as though security updates have been lost.
    • The Windows Update wiped out all my recent files from my office apps. They may still be on my computer, but the apps know nothing about them anymore.
    • I had three foreign language support packages installed for keyboard support, French, Czech, and German, in addition to my standard English. They are all gone now.

What the hell did you do Microsoft?

This is a disaster of a Windows Update. Microsoft has F---ed up my system royally and I am pissed!

They should fire whoever planned that update.

:)

HenryStock, Apr 7, 2019

2. remove royal raid

Hello Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are not able to uninstall “Royal Raid” app on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Click on the “Start” menu.
    • Type “appwiz.cpl” into the search field and press “Enter”. The “Uninstall or change programs” window will open.
    • Click on “royal raid” in the list of programs.
    • Click on “Uninstall”.
    • Select “Yes” when asked to confirm that you want to uninstall royal raid from your computer.
    Note: Your computer will then begin uninstalling the app and may take up to several minutes.

For reference:

I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by “CB Grant”
    replied on August 1, 2015 in the following Microsoft community link given below and check if that helps.

How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Royal Revoly 2

Hi Dennis,

There is a possible error with the video card compatibility of the game to your new computer.

To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Does the new computer meet the
      system requirements
      needed by the game?
    • Have you tried to update the video card drivers?

In the meantime, you may click this
    link
    and follow the steps to change the compatibility settings on your computer.

Loraine Mon, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

1. Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally - Similar Threads - Yet more evidence

2. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  6. More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes

in Windows 10 News
    More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes: Microsoft is said to be working on Windows Lite (a lightweight version of Windows) aimed at the dual-screen and affordable device. Microsoft is also separating Shell from the Windows 10 OS base and this change could allow Microsoft to make Shell upgradable or flexible....
  7. screwed up app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screwed up app: I put on an instructional dvd after purchasing windows dvd player and the left half of the dvd is fine but the right half is sideways. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screwed-up-app/d23a54d7-9a06-49aa-8cc6-99ebdc05c1c4
  8. Microsoft, You screwed up!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft, You screwed up!: I am posting notice here that Microsoft screwed up my system royally. To wit, Microsoft just installed some form of an upgrade to the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, which happened today for my laptop machine. The trouble is that this new installation wiped out all...
  9. Screwed up Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screwed up Password: I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome then select use a local account instead. However, when I typed in the password it told me it was wrong. Do I have to do the...
  10. More evidence pops up for a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    More evidence pops up for a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Mobile: If you’re using a Lumia 950 or 950 XL with a relatively modern Snapdragon processor (namely, a Snapdragon 808 or beyond), then your hardware is fully capable of running a 64-bit operating system. That would pay dividends, potentially at least, regarding processing speed,...