Yippee, Microsoft Has Lived Up To Expectations?

Discus and support Yippee, Microsoft Has Lived Up To Expectations? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yes sir, Microsoft has done it again. Right out of the box and Windows 10 wouldn't install. Luckily, the internet had the answer and I downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Epeorusjim, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Epeorusjim Win User

Yes sir, Microsoft has done it again. Right out of the box and Windows 10 wouldn't install. Luckily, the internet had the answer and I downloaded the manual force installation tool. Worked like a charm and I had Windows 10 installed in less than 2 hours. Everything worked except my monitors. Windows 10 didn't recognize them. Luckily, Nvidia teamed with Microsoft to update the drivers for my graphics card and optimize the card for Windows 10. I was smart and updated the driver prior to installing Windows 10. Unfortunately, it was corrupted. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the new drivers that was specifically optimized for Windows 10, but Windows 10 wouldn't allow me to uninstall nor reinstall the drivers. Hard to do critical photo correction without monitors. So.....unless someone has a solution.....I've gone back and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 system which works just fine.....

Yes sir, Microsoft has done it again and lived up to my expectations by, once again, releasing a new OS which is totally unusable and a waste of hours of my time. I will wait for a few months (like I should have done) so that Microsoft can fix things like I had to do with 7, 8, and 8.1. (I won't mention the abomination they called Vista that never worked very well)*Zip

:)

Epeorusjim, Jul 30, 2015
  2. DPD_1949 Win User

Missing CD/DVD drive

More Yippee. After driving up my blood pressure for hours this very simple procedure found the missing DVD player. A pox on Microsoft for wasting my time.

Dennis

DPD_1949, Jul 30, 2015
  3. dave bolo Win User
    windows 10 photos

update on the above, just checked my photos again, and yippee, all sorted and running as it should.

Thank you Microsoft

dave bolo, Jul 30, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

I too had to do the manual install but now I'm on the leading edge (not the bleeding edge I hope) *sarc

rfruth, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Yippee, Microsoft Has Lived Up To Expectations? - Similar Threads - Yippee Microsoft Has

2. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  3. Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10: I still rely on Microsoft Digital Image Pro to put graphics together. I haven't been able to re-install it on my Windows 10 machine. When I try, it says it needs Internet Explorer 6 to install. Help! Moved from: Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10...
  4. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  5. I do not need "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" and it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I do not need "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" and it...: WHY CAN'T I UNINSTALL THIS UPDATE?! Please help me uninstall "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" I do not like having all these unnecessary features on my computer....
  6. Verify my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......
  7. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  8. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...: My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10. I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game. I prolly didn't played it for more...
  9. Microsoft works and Windows 10

Microsoft works and Windows 10: I have the very latest version of windows 10, What version of Microsoft works should I use if any. I have the CD for works 8.5 and it definitely will not....
  10. Microsoft fixes vulnerabilities in Windows with latest Patch Tuesday update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes vulnerabilities in Windows with latest Patch Tuesday update: Microsoft yesterday released Patch Tuesday updates for all its versions of Windows operating system with bug fixes and performance improvements. The Redmond Giant has addressed vulnerabilities present in several versions of Windows 10 and as well as the other products. The...