Windows 10: Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909

Discus and support Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Lenovo Yoga 920-13IKB is a 2 in 1 laptop running Windows 10 Home. Meaning full Active S Pen and Touch screen. After installing the Version 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrettCA, Feb 14, 2020.

1. BrettCA Win User

Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909

My Lenovo Yoga 920-13IKB is a 2 in 1 laptop running Windows 10 Home. Meaning full Active S Pen and Touch screen. After installing the Version 1909 update, it's Device Specifications via Windows Settings Pen and touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display. In Device Manager/Human Interface Devices, no HID Touch screen device or driver is available. The Wacom Device cannot start. I'm assuming because Version 1909 eliminated the pen and touch support.

I've reinstalled Win 10 Home, ran a driver update scan via Lenovo. It identified a "Touch Panel Pen Driver - 10" driver to be updated. Update the driver and reboot and nothing has changed. Start the Lenovo Pen Settings App and get a message that the Wacom Pen Driver is required. Odd, since the Wacom Device won't start as stated above. Follow the Lenovo Pen Settings link to download the Wacom Pen driver, install it, no change in functionality.

So, I ask, Microsoft, where is the fix given that your 1909 update was the cause? I'm supporting a family member's Dell 15R 2 in 1 and WILL NOT update it to 1909 until I get a fix for the Lenovo.

Lenovo places the blame on Microsoft. So how does this get fixed?

Brett

:)

BrettCA, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Breite Win User

Missing HID-compliant touch screen in Windows 10

I just installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update and now my Touch Screen on my Lenovo Yoga 11S no longer works.

In fact, there is no driver listed in device manager for a touch screen any longer.

I have tried Methods #1, #2, #3 but nothing is working.

I now have a laptop without any touch screen capability due to the latest Windows 10 update.

Can someone please help!!!

Breite, Feb 14, 2020
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Chino Win User

Lenovo Reveals the Yoga 730 and Yoga 530 2-in-1 Laptops with Alexa Support

At MWC this year, Lenovo announced two new additions to their Yoga line of laptops. The Yoga 730 comes in 13-inch and 15-inch models while the Yoga 530 is only available in the 14-inch flavor. They feature up to Intel's latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with the Yoga 730 having the option of coming with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete graphics card. Apart from conventional input methods, consumers can also interact with the Yoga 730 through voice since it comes with built-in Alexa support. The integrated far-field microphone allows Alexa and Cortana to listen and respond to the user with relative ease.

The Yoga 730 is equipped with a UHD IPS touchscreen display while the Yoga 530 is fitted with a FHD IPS touchscreen. Lenovo is also offering the optional Active Pen 2 with up to 4096 levels of sensitivity for those users who love to write, draw, or jot down notes on their laptops. The new Yoga laptops are thinner and lighter than ever too. The 15-inch Yoga 730 comes in at 1.89 kg and the 13-inch model at 1.12 kg. The 14-inch Yoga 530 weighs 1.6 kg. The 13-inch Yoga 730 with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €999 (VAT included) and the 15-inch model with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €1,099 (VAT included). The 14-inch Yoga 530 costs around €549 (VAT included). All three models should be available soon on www.lenovo.com and select retailers.

Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909 l2KOmPWZAW0p9o7k_thm.jpg

Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909 bOvyNKhVGPsC4uz3_thm.jpg

Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909 Xox6PEJxH83eAnn9_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 730 13-inch model specifications
    • 13.3 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Up to 8th-gen Intel Core i7
    • Intel HD graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 11.5 hours battery life (FHD or 4K display)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-A port
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 12.1" x 8.5" x 0.6"
    • 2.5 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 730 15-inch model specifications
    • 15.6 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
    • 8GB/16GB RAM options (8GB DDR4 + 8GB DIMM)
    • 256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 9 hours of battery life (4K) or 11 hours of battery life (FHD)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 1 Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C port
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 14.2" x 9,8" x 0.7"
    • 4.2 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 530 specifications
    • 14 inch display (1366 x 768 touchscreen or 1920 x 1080 IPS touchscreen)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 10 hours battery life
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-C port
    • SD card reader
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio
    • 12.9" x 9" x 0.7"
    • 3.5 pounds

Chino, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Yoga 920 2-in-1 no longer touch screen after Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Yoga 920 longer

2. Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter: So I've had my Lenovo Yoga 920 13 for a while now and I've had the same adapter for just as long - Green Cell. I've never managed to display HDMI via it even though it clearly has the port for it. There's just no screen recognized, no matter which one I connect to. Do you...
  3. Lenovo Yoga 920 screen turn off by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga 920 screen turn off by itself: Hi guys! I would like to ask if somebody knows how to fix a Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop that suddenly shut down. It just started doing it this month. It is a 2 years old laptop. When the screen turn black, I can still hear the exhaust and the light on the power button is still...
  4. Yoga 920 USB C to HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yoga 920 USB C to HDMI not working: Got a Lenovo Yoga 920 earlier this week. Plugged my USB C to HDMI adapter in and it worked for a few minutes and than stopped working. It is now identifying as a USB 2.0 Billboard Device which I belive means it isn’t configuring Displayport Alternative Mode properly....
  5. Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty: Hello all, my wife bought her lenovo yoga c920 through the windows store in calgary currently closed so we go online and all the windows site cares about is surface products. The warrenty is the windows one and it would be great if there is a contract number one can call...
  6. Sound not working on Yoga 920

Sound not working on Yoga 920: My Lenovo Yoga 920 sound has stopped working through the speakers. I get sound ok through the earphones. I have run the troubleshooter and reinstalled the drivers without any luck. I have also installed the Realtek driver from the lenovo website without any luck. I suspect a...
  7. Touch screen not working Yoga 11S

Touch screen not working Yoga 11S: My CPU auto updated and now my touch screen is not working. Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 11S windows 10. I checked my system device manager and could not locate a driver for the touch screen. I tried also devise manager / mice and pointer > and the driver is not their also....
  8. Lenovo Yoga 920

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo Yoga 920: I've had my Yoga 920 for about 7 months. For some reason about 2 weeks ago my finger print scanner stopped scanning. As well, when I tried to restore it, Windows Hello blocked the option from me. How can this be resolved?...
  9. Touch screen Lenovo yoga

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen Lenovo yoga: Can anyone help me pleeaaaasssee….when I start up my Lenovo yoga it asks me for my pin password etc but no keyboard appears on screen meaning I have to revert to the normal keyboard.... Trivial I know but soooooo annoying Any suggestions????...
  10. WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920: hello all, When my notebook gets off sleep mode, it, almost every times, crashes. It then generates a minidump file. this is the summary from the crash DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver : WUDFRd.sys caused by address : WUDFRd.sys+fbf4 crash address :...