Windows 10: yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it.

Discus and support yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the strong feeling this is a new more evil version of this sick adware. Took me two days just to find out what it is specifically. Malwarebytes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RiversideRepeat, Sep 19, 2018.

1. yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it.

I get the strong feeling this is a new more evil version of this sick adware. Took me two days just to find out what it is specifically. Malwarebytes identified it as yontoo and reported getting rid of it. I used both standard malwarebytes and adwmalwarebytes and it's still there. If I keep malwarebyts running in the background it keeps blocking calls to ad pages. The initial blocked address is eluxer.net. No other addresses are being blocked. I can't afford malwarebytes. It didn't work anyway. I've tried the MS Windows malware removal tool. Didn't work. Avast home edition can't even see it. Spyware Search and Destroy can't find it or eliminate it.

NOTHING suspicious is in the control panel programs list. NOTHING shows up in either programs or programsx86 folders, and I always have hidden files and folders set to visible. I have NO new browser extensions.

It is in Chrome. I have not yet checked other browsers thoroughly. Based on past experience with other older versions of this festering infection though, I've already assumed every browser is infected because I know how I got it. It came in from a malware sight that didn't get detected while using Avant browser so it stands to reason that because it's in Chrome, it's almost certainly in every browser now.

Google is NO help at all. The only "solutions" they are serving up all lead to pages that look like clones of each other, most of which want me to run malwarebytes, which does not work, or some other software I've never heard of and refuse to trust until I hear from enough people that have had true success with it.

Successfully ran System Restore to a point two days before this crap installed. Still there.

Need to destroy this evil thing. Any help is appreciated, however please don't ask me to do anything I've stated above that I've checked already. That's annoying and not helpful. Unless you know of a very unconventional way to do what I've already done more than a few times, please don't go there. Suggestions for anything I have NOT tried are extremely welcome. Please, if you think you have a solution but it's been a couple of years since you used it, don't bother. This is a NEW ANIMAL that old solutions do NOT work for. As I said, I've seen this before and it's not the same as it used to be.

In advance...

Thank you.

:)

RiversideRepeat, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Adwares

Unfortunately Windows Defender and many other antimalware programs do not always properly address issues involving adware.

NOTE: The new Edge browser seems to have an affinity for adware issues. Until that "flaw" is resolved you may wish to use a different browser.

How to easily avoid PC infections

Tips To Protect Your PC

Suggest you review the following compliments of quietman7
    MS MVP
    :

Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-popup-ads/

Regards...

Le Boule, Sep 20, 2018
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    CarolLJ, Sep 20, 2018
  4. yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it.

Jsssssssss, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it.

1. yontoo/eluxer.net adware new bad infection. Can't find it. Can't delete it. - Similar Threads - yontoo eluxer net

2. New PC can't find backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC can't find backup: I have an old Lenovo Yoga on Windows 10 and a new Lenovo Yoga on Windows 11 and I'm trying to get the new one to use the old one's backup. "Couldn't find backup, try again" the new one says. What am I supposed to do here?I found some article that advised going to my old PC's...
  3. Can't Delete Account with Bad Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Delete Account with Bad Password: I have a laptop with a username that I can't resolve a password issue. When I boot the laptop, I get to the login screen with the user and a message that the password that Windows found didn't match. In the lower left corner of the page, there are 2 users listed. Both are...
  4. Can't Delete Account with Bad Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Delete Account with Bad Password: I have a laptop with a username that I can't resolve a password issue. When I boot the laptop, I get to the login screen with the user and a message that the password that Windows found didn't match. In the lower left corner of the page, there are 2 users listed. Both are...
  5. Can't Delete Account with Bad Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer infected with Trojan,Malware and Adware no icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer infected with Trojan,Malware and Adware no icons: My computer has been infected with this virus TROJAN.PHISHING.ARK!eml Since it is lockdown in my country I am unable to use my PC. And I tried to enter my pc with the help of safe mode I am stuck at the password I have typed both my pin as well as password nothing works....
  7. i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info": i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info" and the windows defender cant detect it, so i just blocked it on google chome, am i safe now or these things keep running on background?...
  8. Can't find new User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find new User Profile: I created a new User Profile which only shows up in "Family & Others Users" but not in the Users folder nor at Log-in. I need to transfer files into this Profile but can't find it anywhere. Everything I find that looks relevant is way too complicated so am trusting...
  9. Can't find chkdsk to fix a bad thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find chkdsk to fix a bad thumb drive: When I go to the Power button, there's no "Start" option, which previous posts tell me is the beginning of "Properties" which supposedly leads me to "Tools" and miraculously leads me to "Error Checking" C'mon you guys!!! Most of us are not computer literate.. please get me...
  10. Can't delete bad mouse driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't delete bad mouse driver: I keep deleting the outdated driver, but every time I restart or the PC goes to sleep it gets reinstalled. Apparently, this is an intentional "convenience" that had me redoing the delete in various ways about 30x. The extra driver makes the PC almost unusable, causing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows virus check missed yontoo