Windows 10: You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs

Discus and support You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about 8 months I have been getting a blue window popping up stating that "You will be signed out, Windows will shut down in less than a minute."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brian Muso, Feb 2, 2020.

1. You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs

For about 8 months I have been getting a blue window popping up stating that "You will be signed out, Windows will shut down in less than a minute."

You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs 027833d9-e086-4608-b92b-4b533e9a12b9?upload=true.jpg

I have done everything I can to refuse the reboot of the system during certain hours and requiring the system to notify me of a pending reboot requirement.

This happens randomly and at any time it wishes, with no way to intervene. It does not restart, it just shuts down completely and I have to manually power the machine on.

This has occurred 2 times in the last 24 hours.

12:54 AM on Feb 22 and at 7:17PM Feb 22.

It would be impossible to determine this through the process of elimination due to the disparity in time this usually occurs. It could be weeks, months, or twice in 24 hours.

:)

Brian Muso, Feb 2, 2020

2. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 2, 2020
  3. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 2, 2020
  4. You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs

Windows not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Habeeb,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: Run Power Troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Windows key +F to bring up the search Charms bar.
    • settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Step 2: I suggest you set the power plan to default and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps.

Steps to set power plan to default.

• Type Power Plan in Search bar.
    • Select Edit Power Plan.
    • In Edit Power Plan Click on Restore Settings Default for this plan.
    • Create a new power Plan.
    • And check if the issue persist.
    • And create a new Power plan if required.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs

1. You are about to be signed out - Unwanted Power Downs - Similar Threads - are signed Unwanted

2. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes.": Hi there. I'm having this problem with my laptop nearly for a year now. After some time of being connected to my wifiabout 1 or 2 month , suddenly I get no more internet connection out of it. It is written "connected+internet access" but i cannot use it even for a simple...
  3. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes.": Hi there. I'm having this problem with my laptop nearly for a year now. After some time of being connected to my wifiabout 1 or 2 month , suddenly I get no more internet connection out of it. It is written "connected+internet access" but i cannot use it even for a simple...
  4. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 "you are about to be signed out" problem and task schedular

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 "you are about to be signed out" problem and task schedular: I have this problem for a while. Randomly this error message is displaying and after a few seconds, pc restarts itself. I searched and found a solution. I create a task by using task schedular but doesn't work. I think this is the problem, THX update itself and trigger a...
  6. "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute": Why am I getting this message? It happens several times a week and it's very frustrating. My computer has shut down while I am in class, and it's ridiculous that there is no option to postpone the shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 , and my Windows version is 20H2. Automatic...
  7. "You're about to be signed out."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You're about to be signed out.": Hey all. For about awhile I've been getting these prompts from Windows about once a week where it pops up "You're about to be signed out" and it signs me out 1 minute later to restart the PC. Usually I would figure this was a setting that needed to be fixed but I've been...
  8. You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.

You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.: A few days ago a storm shut off our power. Then when I get back on my pc every few minutes it signs me out with the message: You're about to be signed out, windows will restart in less than a minute. Please if anyone can help, please do my email is *** Email address is...
  9. You're about to be signed out

You're about to be signed out: [IMG] Hello, do you know how to solve this error message? After this error my laptop shut downs. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youre-about-to-be-signed-out/68fa2bb9-423b-44ee-ae7c-2c09758545ee
  10. Windows 10 displaying "you are about to be signed out" before shutting down and takes long

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 displaying "you are about to be signed out" before shutting down and takes long: Hi there, recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 professional preloaded. When I shut down, I get the message "you are about to be signed out" and that message stays on for 20-30 seconds before "shutting down" message appears and the computer eventually shuts down. Why...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you are about to be signed out windows will shutdown in less than a minute after upgrading to windows 10