Windows 10: "You are not currently connected to any networks"

Discus and support "You are not currently connected to any networks" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; But I'm online just fine. I can't change my profile location to private, and I can't make my computer register that it's connected with either my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jt1990, Jan 10, 2016.

1. jt1990 Win User

"You are not currently connected to any networks"

But I'm online just fine. I can't change my profile location to private, and I can't make my computer register that it's connected with either my wifi or my ethernet. I've looked through the steps posted here, but to no avail. I don't even have the NetworkList key in my registry! I am online with Firefox and Chrome just fine, but Edge won't connect, nor can I connect to the Store. I did a wipe and reinstall a few days ago, partially to try and resolve this issue, and partially to resolve some other issues dating back to the Insider builds, but this problem is still happening. I'm at my wits end, and I can't even connect to my wife's PC to transfer files. I've enabled network discovery and file sharing on public networks, but that didn't even make a difference. Also, since I reinstalled Windows, I've been unable to activate it, but I think that is tied to this network problem. It's like all the new apps and features won't recognize the connection. I'm not running any security software besides Windows Defender, so that shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone have any thoughts??*Confused

Thanks in advance,

JT

:)

jt1990, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

"You are currently not connected to any networks"

Hi!

Please show a screenshot of Device Manger. Or change adapter settings.

"You are not currently connected to any networks" [​IMG]

Teddy2016, Jan 10, 2016
  3. "You are currently not connected to any networks"

Hi! I've upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 just recently. Almost everything works fine, however, my internet connection can't be identified. I am able to open the internet and search but when I try to connect to the app store, it says that I am not connected.
    Help please

Angela Lacena, Jan 10, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi jt1990 and welcome to Tenforums.

I am thinking drivers problems. I just finished working on a 6-month-old system 3 days ago, upgraded from W8.1 to W10, with terrible connection problems. I identified the NIC model/mfg. and went online searching for different versions of drivers. Turned out the latest driver (that Windows installed) was the problem, and an install of a previous version solved the issues.

You might also run turn Fast Startup off before running the scan.

Hope that helps.

simrick, Jan 10, 2016
  5. ohionavy Win User
    On my other win 10 computer had the same problem and found this "work around" on the Microsoft Users forum. But, I have to do the same reset every morning! Still something is wrong, but it does work to allow network access thruout the day.
    My wife's Win 7 computer using the same router, network et c. works fine, so it must be the Win 10 computer itself.

Here it is:
    1. right click on the white windows 10 icon on the task bar
    2. then choose "command prompt admin"
    3. select "yes" to the next pop-up screen which asks about changing the computer
    4. then the command prompt appears (like we used to see in DOS)
    5. at this point very carefully type in the instruction below exactly (note the uppercase W) and the spaces

netsh Winsock reset

then click on enter.
    nothing will happen, but you must then restart your computer.

logon again and you should have network access. Let me know if this works for you.

ohionavy, Jan 10, 2016
  6. jt1990 Win User
    Thank you both for your responses *Smile I tried the Winsock reset (I honestly didn't know it still existed anymore) but to no avail. I then uninstalled my network drivers and rolled back to a W8.1 driver, but still no luck. I am currently running the SFC and will see if that detects anything, although I'm not expecting it to since it's a brand new install of Windows.

jt1990, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "You are not currently connected to any networks" - Similar Threads - are currently connected

2. Not Connected to Any Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Connected to Any Networks: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue with my Windows system where I am unable to connect to any networks. I've checked my network settings, but it shows that I am not connected to any networks. I have tried restarting my system and router, but the problem persists.Could anyone...
  3. Not Connected to Any Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Connected to Any Networks: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue with my Windows system where I am unable to connect to any networks. I've checked my network settings, but it shows that I am not connected to any networks. I have tried restarting my system and router, but the problem persists.Could anyone...
  4. wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections": *The connection shown in "connections" LAN through my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-enabled-but-does-not-show-any/3ad4dffd-fd70-4dc4-8d57-1adf0ca9a38a
  5. wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections": *The connection shown in "connections" LAN through my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-enabled-but-does-not-show-any/3ad4dffd-fd70-4dc4-8d57-1adf0ca9a38a
  6. Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...: last picture is the example of my internet connection is still working as usualwin10 troubleshooters told me to "reset network" but still that doesn't fix this problemsome sites told me to update my "windows update" but the condition cant let me update iti dont have the...
  7. you are not connected to any networks.

you are not connected to any networks.: An ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.Plug this cable into the openning on the back or side of the computer.Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router.If that does not help,help try using a different cable....
  8. Not connected to any networks

Not connected to any networks: Hey there, my internet works fine but the problem is that when i go to Network and Sharing Center the connections line is blank and it used to be ethernet. When i go to adapter settings, it says that the folder is empty. My network adapter is in device manager with updated...
  9. "you are not currently connected to any networks" Internet is connect

"you are not currently connected to any networks" Internet is connect: I've used every trouble shooter and share option. Checked settings in services. Updated wireless adapter drivers, even used an USB wireless adapter 67481
  10. You are not currently connected to any networks

You are not currently connected to any networks: I have the following network adapters: [img] What if I disable all but the realtek controller? 76195

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you are currently not connected to aNY network

2. you are not currently connected to the network

3. you are currently not connected to a network

4. You are currently not connected to any networks,
  5. windows 10 you are currently not connected to any networks