Windows 10: You are not sending me a verification code so that I may update my Security information...

Discus and support You are not sending me a verification code so that I may update my Security information... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is very frustrating. I have received a notification to my registered phone number that a modification has been made to my security information,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DianaRoffey, Jun 17, 2019.

1. You are not sending me a verification code so that I may update my Security information...

This is very frustrating. I have received a notification to my registered phone number that a modification has been made to my security information, (which by the way takes one month to properly action) indicating that your system knows about my mobile number, but you are not sending me a code so that I can verify who I am and make the changes that I really want to make.

I see that I am not the first person to have raised this as a problem why have you not fixed this bug? Please sort it out.

:)

DianaRoffey, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Are verification codes Free ?

Hi Mridu,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the question you have with the computer.

Yes verification codes are free. The codes are sent for security purpose.

When two-step verification is on, every time you sign in to a device that isn’t trusted, you’ll receive a security code by email or on your phone to make sure that you’re you. When this setting is off, you only get and resend security codes periodically
    and when there might be a risk to your account security.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

You are not sending me a verification code so that I may update my Security information...

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

You are not sending me a verification code so that I may update my Security information...

1. You are not sending me a verification code so that I may update my Security information... - Similar Threads - are sending verification

2. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  3. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  4. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won't send me verification code emails: Hello,When I ask for Microsoft to send me an email with the code I need to input to verify it's me, the email just won't arrive.It happens wether I want to sign in on microsoft.com or Xbox, or when I want to change my password or other information on my account.I was locked...
  5. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

Microsoft won't send me verification code emails: Hello,When I ask for Microsoft to send me an email with the code I need to input to verify it's me, the email just won't arrive.It happens wether I want to sign in on microsoft.com or Xbox, or when I want to change my password or other information on my account.I was locked...
  6. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft not sending verification code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft not sending verification code: Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the...
  8. Microsoft not sending verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft not sending verification code: Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the...
  9. Microsoft not sending verification code

10. MICROSOFT WON'T SEND ME A VERIFICATION CODE EMAIL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT WON'T SEND ME A VERIFICATION CODE EMAIL: I have been locked out of my account since last year and Microsoft won't do a thing about it. I've sent multiple emails and phoned multiple times and nothing will work. I am getting charged 7 pound a month for a Xbox live gold membership I CANT EVEN USE BECAUSE YOU WONT LET...