Windows 10: You are unable to reinstall OR EVEN UNINSTALL apps from a previous windows installation

Discus and support You are unable to reinstall OR EVEN UNINSTALL apps from a previous windows installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the failure of my C:\ drive, I had to reinstall Windows. This is how I found out that, anything downloaded by the Microsoft Store to my secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ...LikePancakes, Nov 17, 2020.

1. You are unable to reinstall OR EVEN UNINSTALL apps from a previous windows installation

After the failure of my C:\ drive, I had to reinstall Windows. This is how I found out that, anything downloaded by the Microsoft Store to my secondary drive this includes apps and games pass games is now permanently etched unto the disk and also simultaneously inaccessible. 300GB of immutable trash.

Windows not being able to recognise the apps it installed previously is something I expected from Microsoft, honestly. But disallowing me from reinstalling them myself is a whole different level of incompetence

:)

...LikePancakes, Nov 17, 2020
  2. MarkTiede Win User

Uninstalled app can't be reinstalled.

I was having trouble with an app. The developer suggested I uninstall the app, then reboot, the reinstall it. I uninstalled the app. I rebooted. I went to the store to reinstall it and the store says it is already installed and provides a "Launch" button.
    But the app is NOT installed. It doesn't show up in the list of apps. And clicking the "Launch" button does nothing.

So now I am stuck with a paid for app that I can't get reinstalled.

How do I get around this?

(on 950xl)

MarkTiede, Nov 17, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

You are unable to reinstall OR EVEN UNINSTALL apps from a previous windows installation

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

You are unable to reinstall OR EVEN UNINSTALL apps from a previous windows installation

1. You are unable to reinstall OR EVEN UNINSTALL apps from a previous windows installation - Similar Threads - are unable reinstall

2. How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?: Windows 10 Home 64bit italianI accidentally uninstalled KB5034441Now it doesn't show up anymore in the available updates; on the contrary it is still present in the cronology see screenshots belowWhat steps should I do to reinstall it = to force the reinstallation?...
  3. How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?: Windows 10 Home 64bit italianI accidentally uninstalled KB5034441Now it doesn't show up anymore in the available updates; on the contrary it is still present in the cronology see screenshots belowWhat steps should I do to reinstall it = to force the reinstallation?...
  4. How to reinstall a previously uninstalled KB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Apps installed previously are present and cannnot be uninstalled after reinstalling backed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps installed previously are present and cannnot be uninstalled after reinstalling backed...: Hello, recently I restored my windows due to some issues, but currently apps installed though windows store in the previous build are still present and cannot be uninstalled although the uninstall option is present. For instance, i had Angry birds2 and Cinebench installed,...
  6. Apps installed previously are present and cannnot be uninstalled after reinstalling backed...

Apps installed previously are present and cannnot be uninstalled after reinstalling backed...: Hello, recently I restored my windows due to some issues, but currently apps installed though windows store in the previous build are still present and cannot be uninstalled although the uninstall option is present. For instance, i had Angry birds2 and Cinebench installed,...
  7. Apps installed previously are present and cannnot be uninstalled after reinstalling backed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running version 21H2. I was required to set up the device with a Microsoft account. I did so and then converted the account to a local account. In the Store under Library I am able to see previously installed apps.I have ensured the Microsoft...
  9. Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store

Unable to delete previously installed apps in the Store: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running version 21H2. I was required to set up the device with a Microsoft account. I did so and then converted the account to a local account. In the Store under Library I am able to see previously installed apps.I have ensured the Microsoft...
  10. Unable to install, uninstall, and reinstall Onenote App from Ms Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install, uninstall, and reinstall Onenote App from Ms Store: Hi, I am wondering if anyone can share me a solution to this problem? I have been trying over and over again to install OneNote App but it won't work. I have tried the following that I got from youtube:Reset MS Store from Settings > Apps and Features > Ms Store >...