Windows 10: You can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad?

Discus and support You can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did some poking around and I found a way to give a standard user with limited rights admin privileges without the admin password or even network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CarFreak777, Dec 13, 2019.

1. You can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad?

I did some poking around and I found a way to give a standard user with limited rights admin privileges without the admin password or even network admin password. It involves enabling the hidden admin via executing the command line (CMD) with admin privileges in the logon screen and it begins with notepad. This is especially useful if your profile is heavily controlled and can't access windows services without an Administrator password or if you want to remove a computer from a network domain. As you may or may not know the 'Hidden Administrator' has complete control over the PC and can override other admins, change passwords, elevate other user's privileges, etc. This is how I did it...

1. Force shutdown the PC when the windows logo displays on startup. You can do this by switching off from your UPS or mains power switch. (This works on desktop but I haven't been able to confirm on a laptop.) Do this another 2-3 times until the PC launches into 'Startup Repair' menu. (This is the only method that works as launching startup repair through Settings>Update & Security>Recovery>Advance Startup will prompt for an admin password when you try and access CMD)

2. When startup repair launches, click on the 'Troubleshoot' tab > Then click on the 'Advanced Options' tab. > Then click on the 'Command Prompt' tab.

3. When command prompt opens, type 'notepad'.

4. When notepad opens, Click on the 'File' drop-down menu > Then click 'Open' > Then open 'This PC' > Then open your local drive.[It will most likely it will be Local Disk (CYou can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad? :) but in startup repair, it will be moved a letter down and renamed Local Disk (DYou can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad? :) due to the boot drive temporarily taking the position of Local Disk (CYou can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad? :)]

5. When you open your local drive open 'Windows', then open 'System32'. Ensure that it searches for 'All Files' and not just '.txt' files. Then find the executable file called 'sethc' and rename it the 'sethc-old'. Then find the executable file called 'cmd' and rename it to 'sethc'. ['Sethc' is the executable for the accessibility feature called 'Sticky Keys'.]

6. Then exit Startup Repair and start the PC as normal.

7. When the logon screen appears, click the 'Ease of access' button which is to the left of the Power button then switch ON the 'Sticky Keys' option. Then press the 'Shift' key five times quickly and CMD should open with Administrator Privileges.

From here you can do pretty much anything if you're familiar with command line (CMD) commands.

1. If not you can enable the hidden admin account by typing net user administrator /active:yes then give the new admin a password by typing net user administrator \* then confirm the password and voila! Close CMD and you can now login to the hidden admin account. You can access and manipulate any account other on the PC to your will.

I wasn't sure what flair to give this post so forgive me if 'Bug' doesn't suit it.

submitted by /u/CarFreak777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CarFreak777, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 13, 2019
  3. ad5md Win User
    Need help with Admin privileges

That's what puzzles me, I am logged-in as (my username) but still won't give me admin privileges. I checked under control panel/users amd it shows me as a local account. Tried to right click on CMD prompt but the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" doesn't show up

ad5md, Dec 13, 2019
  4. You can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad?

Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

You can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad?

1. You can bypass admins privileges as a standard user by just using Startup repair & Notepad? - Similar Threads - bypass admins privileges

2. Run an app WITH FULL ADMIN rights on windows startup FOR A Standard User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run an app WITH FULL ADMIN rights on windows startup FOR A Standard User: Hi Dear Community/Microsoft Support,I have two accounts on my windows right now:Account-1: Admin A full privileged adminAccount-2: Ahsan Standard user Non-adminWhat I want is to run following three applications WITH FULL ADMIN RIGHTS for Account-2 as soon as the windows...
  3. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  4. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  5. Privileged Functionality as a Standard User?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privileged Functionality as a Standard User?: I have performed an initial logon as a standard user. When I check my info under Windows Settings it indicates I am an administrator. I no longer have to authenticate to perform privileged functions. I want to be able to logon as standard user and authenticate to execute...
  6. Standard User reset Admin user password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  7. UAC & standard users with additional privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC & standard users with additional privileges: I am using windows 10, version 1909 I am new to tenforums. I am also new to Windows 10. I am in the process of switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I joined tenforums because I have a problem with configuring Windows 10 that I am unable to solve on my own. Perhaps someone...
  8. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478
  9. You can now delegate App Maker admin privileges to users in G Suite

in Windows 10 News
    You can now delegate App Maker admin privileges to users in G Suite: What’s changing We’re making it possible for G Suite super admins to delegate access to the App Maker projects report to other users. Among other things, this will allow appropriate employees without super admin privileges to track App Maker projects and for customers to...
  10. shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user: Hello, I've just cleaned up a massive malware infection on my grandson's computer (HP Pavilion notebook) and upgraded it to Win 10 from its native Win 8. His account is a standard user vs admin. Everything's working fine. EXCEPT, he plays an online game which requires an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove admin user when you are standard

2. bypass admin as standard user

3. administrator windows 10 bypass using notepad

4. admin bypass windows 10 without pass with notepad,
  5. bypass standard user,
  6. how do you get a standard user to bypass administrator signin to run an application,
  7. how to bypass administrator privliges using notepad,
  8. admin bypass using notepad