Windows 10: "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

Discus and support "You can log in to this account without entering a password" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bobonight, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Bobonight Win User

"You can log in to this account without entering a password"

On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password."

All you have to do is click "Log in" and you are in without a password. But I don't want that.

Incredibly, the phrase "You can log in to this account without entering a password" doesn't appear on Google even though it's been over a month since I discovered the problem. (Ignore the black boxes. I added them to redact my server name.)

"You can log in to this account without entering a password" cef7268a-0366-4e1c-8211-c50a5e48eef2?upload=true.jpg

Keywords: lock screen, welcome screen, sign-in, login, password screen

:)

Bobonight, Jan 28, 2019

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 28, 2019
  4. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

"You can log in to this account without entering a password"

1. "You can log in to this account without entering a password" - Similar Threads - log account without

2. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  3. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  4. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  6. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  7. Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password: I have a local user account as well as a Microsoft account on my computer, and it seems to log into the local account first and find that the password is wrong, before asking me to log into my Microsoft account.... but, I have been to Run>netplwiz and unticked users to this...
  8. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice that after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  9. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice tat after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  10. Log in without password

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in without password: Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password. "Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on the next screen, un check the box that says "users must use a password …….. " .. another box will open and you must type...