Windows 10: You can make the type on the start menu larger.

Discus and support You can make the type on the start menu larger. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger. Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 21, 2014.

1. You can make the type on the start menu larger.

Hi

This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger.

Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom there is the More Options, option.
    Set it to Larger and the type on the Start Menu will get a lot bigger.

I'd rather have something in between but that's probably coming in the future.

Mike

Added later, you have to go to the PC and Devices tab in PC Settings.
    Then select the Display.

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 21, 2014

2. How can I make the font larger on webpages?

Have you tried the windows key + mouse scroll wheel to zoom?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 21, 2014
  3. How can I make the font larger on webpages?

Hi, I am running Windows 10 and the fonts on my Webpage tabs is so small I can't read it ?

Does anyone know how I can change the font size so I can read it on Chrome please?

Many thanks

Michele-Kate, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

You can make the type on the start menu larger.

I don't see a Display tab in PC Settings.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Charlie Win User
    PC settings then pc and devices then display. you can also right click desktop then personalize then display gives you some wiggle room also. Good luck

Charlie, Oct 22, 2014
  6. With the new build (9860) I don't see the Display tab either.

Layback Bear, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ah ... from your post in another thread Mike:
    Doesn't work on my old Acer Laptop, apparently can't support it. The drop down under More Options is grayed out.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  8. You can make the type on the start menu larger.

Doesn't work on my old Acer Laptop, apparently can't support it. The drop down under More Options is grayed out. After fooling around and changing screen sizes on the display tab Screen Resolution Click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" You can tweak to you are blue in the face. There is not Start menu text font size yet???

You can make the type on the start menu larger. [​IMG]

Indianatone, Oct 22, 2014
  9. Charlie Win User
    well its been added to mine? HA .. That seems simple enough

Charlie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

You can make the type on the start menu larger.

1. You can make the type on the start menu larger. - Similar Threads - type start menu

2. How to make screenshot of the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make screenshot of the start menu?: I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure: Open "SnippingTool" Set a delay, say, 5 seconds Click "New" Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot. However, after the...
  3. How to make fonts larger on desktop?

How to make fonts larger on desktop?: Hello i would like to know how to make fonts larger on desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-make-fonts-larger-on-desktop/e2dd3451-0e8f-4dc1-aebe-d69795974baa
  4. Can you change the start menu background separately to the desktop?

Can you change the start menu background separately to the desktop?: I want the desktop and start menu to have different images. [img] 38981
  5. What can you pin to start menu?

What can you pin to start menu?: So what exactly can be pinned to start menu in Win10? Applications, obviously, Folders, Settings from modern Settings App, Settings from Control Panel, Websites, through Edge menu, Websites, by creating "application view" in IE11, OneNote notes and notebooks through modern...
  6. You Tube on Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You Tube on Start menu: I was at Staples today and all the laptops they had on their counters had a You Tube tile on their Start Menu. Mine does not! Can anyone tell me how to get it? You Tube (by whatever name) is not listed in my All Apps. I can place a shortcut on my desktop but I cannot pin it...
  7. Can not make any change to Start menu!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not make any change to Start menu!: I've just reinstalled windows today, and after all updates finished, I can not make any change to the Start menu except moving tiles that already be there. When I add new app to start menu and move its tile... the start menu crashes and any change is reverted. This is what...
  8. How to make system font larger

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make system font larger: I want to make the system font larger. I have searched everywhere but all the answers seem to be the same with no way to do it. All the old ways such as menu font size ETC which I can do! The font size in the address bar of any browser I would like to make larger, for...
  9. Need to make ALL text LARGER.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to make ALL text LARGER.: While I am grateful for everything I have found and used here B4 Micro$oft removed the easy and safe way to change text and fonts I still have many things that don't suite my needs. I tried the scaling and sorry but that sucks bigtime. I have Windoze 10 Home and its just so...
  10. Can you not add shortcuts to the quicklinks area of the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you not add shortcuts to the quicklinks area of the start menu?: Hi. Back in 7, my start menu had stuff pinned to it. I could click, say, Visual Studio and a submenu would slide out with recently opened projects on it so I could not only open it, but open a specific project. I pinned VS to my Start Menu, but it doesn't have that...