You can make the type on the start menu larger.

Discus and support You can make the type on the start menu larger. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger. Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014.

1. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

This doesn't actually give you a lot of choices buy it will make the type bigger.

Go to PC Settings, select the Display tab, at the bottom there is the More Options, option.
    Set it to Larger and the type on the Start Menu will get a lot bigger.

I'd rather have something in between but that's probably coming in the future.

Mike

Added later, you have to go to the PC and Devices tab in PC Settings.
    Then select the Display.

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014
  2. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) Win User

How can I make the font larger on webpages?

Have you tried the windows key + mouse scroll wheel to zoom?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 22, 2014
  3. Michele-Kate Win User
    How can I make the font larger on webpages?

Hi, I am running Windows 10 and the fonts on my Webpage tabs is so small I can't read it ?

Does anyone know how I can change the font size so I can read it on Chrome please?

Many thanks

Michele-Kate, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

I don't see a Display tab in PC Settings.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Charlie Win User
    PC settings then pc and devices then display. you can also right click desktop then personalize then display gives you some wiggle room also. Good luck

Charlie, Oct 22, 2014
  6. Layback Bear Win User
    With the new build (9860) I don't see the Display tab either.

Layback Bear, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ah ... from your post in another thread Mike:
    Doesn't work on my old Acer Laptop, apparently can't support it. The drop down under More Options is grayed out.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  8. Indianatone Win User

Doesn't work on my old Acer Laptop, apparently can't support it. The drop down under More Options is grayed out. After fooling around and changing screen sizes on the display tab Screen Resolution Click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" You can tweak to you are blue in the face. There is not Start menu text font size yet???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Indianatone, Oct 23, 2014
  9. Charlie Win User
    [​IMG]
    well its been added to mine? HA .. That seems simple enough

Charlie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

You can make the type on the start menu larger. - Similar Threads - type start menu

1. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  2. Incorrect icon when clicking Start button and typing Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect icon when clicking Start button and typing Settings: When I click the Start button and type "Settings" the Settings icon is incorrect (it shows the IrfanView icon, and doesn't prevent the program from opening). I've tried everything I can think of to fix this, including resetting my IconCache and various other Google research....
  3. Start menu closes when I type instead of searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu closes when I type instead of searching: Sometimes when I open the start menu and start typing, the start menu closes instead of searching for the character string that I type. Why does it do this? Thanks. 100601
  4. Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC??

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC??: As you can see from the title I have had some odd behaviour relating to keyboard input. That was one example. Other examples would include: -Random explorer windows being selected / active with unexpected key strokes. -Key combinations such as ALT + other keys inc. tab...
  5. Unable to type text in any of start (search func)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to type text in any of start (search func): As mentioned in title, I was unable to type in the start (press start > press any key to search) Unable to type wifi password too (but can paste) > essentially the wifi passcode textbox that popups up from taskbar I have tried many well-known antiviruses, malwarebytes etc....
  6. Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters: I just recently got a desktop from CyberPowerPC, gua2400bst model, and I noticed that whenever I go to use the start menu, it will open normally and I can still click on settings or tiles, but when I go to type to search, it will let me type for about 1 second, no matter how...
  7. Start and type feature not working with latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start and type feature not working with latest update: Hi, I am running windows 10 x64 pro. There were recent updates that were installed. I am not stuck with an irritating problem. I am used to, and like, the feature where I can push the start key and then type what I wanted to run. For example I could push start and type chr...