Windows 10: You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Earth has been available on desktop for over two years now, and if you want to run the platform in a browser, you’ve to use Google’s Chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge

Google Earth has been available on desktop for over two years now, and if you want to run the platform in a browser, you’ve to use Google’s Chrome. Other browsers including Chromium Edge and Opera aren’t supported because Google built Earth using Chrome-only technology.

Google Earth is now available for all major web browsers, including Microsoft Edge and Firefox.

Google created Earth web version using Portable Native Client (or PNaCl) and the original Edge or Chromium-based Edge does not ship with the Portable Native Client (PNaCl) component.

Google has been working on WebAssembly-powered Google Earth and a version built using WebAssembly was demonstrated during the Chrome Dev Summit 2017.

Google Earth has been finally rewritten in WebAssembly and the beta version now works on Microsoft Edge, Chromium web browsers and Firefox. The new version of Google Earth offers the same experience as the existing site.

“Once the new version of Edge based on Chromium ships, apps in WebAssembly will work as well in Edge as they do in Chrome,” Google said in a blog post.

While Google Earth works smoothly in new Edge, the platform is not fully supported in old Edge as the browser does not have Google Earth WebAssembly (WASM) Beta.

Google Earth in old Edge renders the unsupported warning, but you can try to run it in multiple threaded or single threaded version, and it may work.

“Aw snap! The Google Earth WebAssembly (WASM) Beta is not supported by your browser,” the error message reads.

You can choose the multiple threaded or single threaded version and try to run Google Earth again in Edge.

The post You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 22, 2019

2. Google Earth is not running in Windows 10.

Hi Cassandra,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you downloading Google Earth from Windows Store or browser?
    • If browser, which browser are you using to download Google Earth?
    • What is the message displayed on screen when downloading Google Earth?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Google Earth in compatibility mode.
    Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the Google Earth install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Google Earth Pro / PLSS

Hi,

Regarding your concern, you can uninstall the new Google Earth Pro, then download and run the previous version of Google Earth pro 7.1.8.3036.

We also suggest that you contact Google support to better assist you and give you troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jun 22, 2019
  4. You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge

Google Earth

Hi JFrank,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better can you share which version of Google Earth are you trying to download? There are few versions which are not compatible in windows 10.

• How exactly did you try to install Google earth?

• Did you get any error message?

• Which anti-virus Software are you using?
    I suggest you to check the link below and install the compatible version.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

SujataMoktan, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge

1. You can now beta test Google Earth in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - beta test Google

2. google earth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google earth: I am having error installing google earth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/d948c2d8-aeaf-490c-bc15-93951f8fd05d
  3. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  4. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  5. You can now see a view of the stars with Google Earth on mobile

in Windows 10 News
    You can now see a view of the stars with Google Earth on mobile: Stars are magical. Van Gogh painted them. Shakespeare wrote about them. We make wishes on them. On the Google Earth team, we understand people’s desire to see stars just as much as they want to see Planet Earth. The Google Earth mobile app now offers wide views of our...
  6. Can Google earth be used with Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Google earth be used with Edge: I have a new windows 10 desktop still ver. 1903, so 'new' Edge browser ? … can I use Google earth without a chromium browser ? thanks for any input 147341
  7. You can now create your own maps and stories in Google Earth

in Windows 10 News
    You can now create your own maps and stories in Google Earth: As humans, we've always bonded by sharing stories about the places that matter to us. It likely started around a campfire—elders recounting tales of sites sacred to their people. Today, we use technology to celebrate our ancestry, raise awareness about places we care about,...
  8. google earth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google earth: unable to down load google earth with Windows 10 in S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/0efa584d-1cbc-44ee-934d-a65bb0612afb
  9. Google earth

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Google earth: Hi, Trying install upgrade on Google earth pro and got error 1680. Can anybody help please. Ralph https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth/b15712c9-8d08-4e6a-b039-be7f89e03f52
  10. Minecraft Earth beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Earth beta: I signed up for minecraft earth beta a few weeks ago, but still have not received an email with a skin code. Where is my skin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-earth-beta/f5ab0e7a-93f9-4cc3-bbaa-2c2d5d00ad44

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google earth for edge

2. google earth for microsoft edge

3. google earth on microsoft edge

4. google earth microsoft edge,
  5. how to download google earth beta for edge,
  6. google earth with edge,
  7. google earth using edge,
  8. google earth in edge,
  9. can i get google earth in edge,
  10. when will google earth be available on microsoft edge,
  11. google earth edge,