Windows 10: You can now import family school and sports calendars in Outlook.com

Discus and support You can now import family school and sports calendars in Outlook.com in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are excited to announce enhancements to the add calendar feature in Outlook.com. You can now import your family’s school and sports league events to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

You can now import family school and sports calendars in Outlook.com

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...m/ba-p/1048391

:)

Brink, Dec 5, 2019
  2. gpstoloff Win User

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

If the calendars are stored on an Outlook.com account, then you first have to share them on Outlook.com with all family members. This process emails an Exchange server-based link -- but NOT an ICS file -- to each family member's Outlook 365 program.

Once you open that link from within Outlook 365, close and reopen the program. The calendar should now appear in the list of calendars on the left side of the screen.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-5a9b3f5e6ff2 will explain the Outlook.com part of the process, and that article contains links to the Outlook 365 part as well.

But, remember, there's a big difference between sharing calendars between 2 people's Outlooks on their own PCs, without a central Exchange server involved -- and sharing calendars on Outlook.com or another Exchange server, and using Outlook as the client to download from the server & work with it. If you're wanting the first technique, then that's a different discussion altogether. Please advise, and good luck (from a former Shropshire lad).

gpstoloff, Dec 5, 2019
  3. gpstoloff Win User

Mate, I feel your pain.

I've been able to get my family calendar to load in Outlook.com (Web browser), W10 Calendar, Outlook for Android, and Outlook 365. Of all of these choices, the ONLY app where my Family calendar is READ-ONLY is ......Outlook 365.

In fact, the ONLY Outlook.com-based calendar that I can edit in Outlook 365 is my personal calendar. According to MS Tech Support (2nd level), because it links to Outlook.com as an Exchange server, it only will update its own account's calendar.

So, I'm hoping someone has an answer soon.

gpstoloff, Dec 5, 2019
  4. You can now import family school and sports calendars in Outlook.com

I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family setup. It actually has a non MS alias as my login, using my ISP email, account as the alias. Lord knows why I set it up that way and didn’t use the hotmail one I had but I guess I had my reasons. What I like is the family calendar on it. I’ve set it up so that all our family devices such as iPhone, iPad and Alexa can all read it and update. But as I am not a huge fan of the windows 10 native app for mail and calendar I prefer to use good old outlook from my 365 subscription. Currently outlook has accounts (mail and calendar) setup for my old hotmail email and also my ISP email. I want to just add the family calendar into outlook (no email). I figured after googling around the best way was to login to my Microsoft account and share the calendar to get an ICS link. But it seems the calendar cannot be shared, right clicking has the shared part greyed out. The only calendar that it seems can be shared is the main calendar on the acc. I just really want to get the ICS link for the shared family calendar so I can put it in outlook 365 and also add it to the calendar app on my Mac. I don’t want to set up the Microsoft account in outlook 365 as I already have a hotmail one linked and the email alias is the same as used for my ISP and that account is already setup in outlook for email usage, I’d imagine that may cause all sorts of confusion within outlook. So does anyone know how I can just get the family calendar ICS?

sorry, kind of hard to explain but I hope someone can help as it would be very beneficial to our family.

cheers
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

You can now import family school and sports calendars in Outlook.com

1. You can now import family school and sports calendars in Outlook.com - Similar Threads - import family school

2. NHL sports calendar not loading dates/games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NHL sports calendar not loading dates/games: I am trying to add sports calendars, but the NHL doesn't seem to be loading - when/how will that be fixed? I can download our local baseball and football schedule but when I select hockey, nothing appears in the calendar. I tried for a couple different teams to test and the...
  3. How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.: Hello,I have imported .ICS calendar to my Windows Desktop Calendar app. By Mistake I added it twice, so I want to delete duplicate events. And want to learn how to delete .ICS calendar which I have inserted.I have tried removing my Gmail account connected to this application,...
  4. How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.

How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.: Hello,I have imported .ICS calendar to my Windows Desktop Calendar app. By Mistake I added it twice, so I want to delete duplicate events. And want to learn how to delete .ICS calendar which I have inserted.I have tried removing my Gmail account connected to this application,...
  5. My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook

My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook: After the update of My Family App, all my Family Calendar on all devices from the family disappeared with all the appointments . Only remains the new online My Family Calendar. But all the old appointments are gone. How can I get back the synchronisation? Thank you for your...
  6. My outlook calendar works but family calendar in windows missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My outlook calendar works but family calendar in windows missing: Family calendar suddenly disappear, please check asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-calendar-works-but-family-calendar-in/0961b631-3660-4d00-956f-965df396bb6d
  7. Outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook calendar: How do I delete an appointment on my Outlook calendar? For some reason, I am now unable to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/3c6c4c2a-3c55-4139-a34b-143f6f25ca2b
  8. How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.: Is there a way to import Outlook 2016's Calendar to the Mail app calendar? Thank you. 105257
  9. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365: I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family...
  10. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...