Windows 10: You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Discus and support You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft originally announced Windows 11’s new app store in June, and since then, the company has been trying to improve the quality of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 28, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Microsoft originally announced Windows 11’s new app store in June, and since then, the company has been trying to improve the quality of its marketplace. Several servicing updates have been released as part of the Windows Insider Program and users have been testing the new Store on their devices for more than three months now.

During the “What’s new for Windows” event, Microsoft explained that it rebuilt the Microsoft Store with a new design, improved performance and better support for developers. As expected, Microsoft is finally bringing its Windows 11’s store to Windows 10 PCs and it seems to be rolling out in stages.

If you’re in the Release Preview Channel of Windows Insiders program and running Windows 10 version 21H2, you can now grab the new Store by checking for updates within the Microsoft Store. For those running non-Insider builds, they can manually install the Store by following these steps:

1. Download Microsoft Store updated version from here.
    2. Open PowerShell.
    3. Use the cd command to navigate to the location where you’ve saved the Store update. For example, if your browser’s default downloads location is the “Downloads” folder, type cd C:\Users\username\Downloads.
    4. Type Add-AppxPackage <package name.msixbundle>.

In this case, the final command would be:

Add-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore_22110.1401.10.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.Msixbundle

If an error message states that you need framework “Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7, simply download and install the framework from here.

A closer look at the new Microsoft Store for Windows 10

The new Microsoft Store features a redesigned interface on Windows 10.

It looks less cluttered than the current app store, and the new Store is based on XAML (UWP) code instead of WebView, so you can expect better performance, especially when the internet connection is slow.

1 of 4
    You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 New-Microsoft-Store-631x420.jpg
    You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 Apps-in-Microsoft-Store-631x420.jpg
    You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 New-Microsoft-Store-for-Windows-10-631x420.jpg
    You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 Microsoft-Store-search-bar-631x420.jpg

We won’t dissect every little change of the Microsoft Store, but it’s worth pointing out that Windows 10’s new app store is faster than the old store, and users can now quickly navigate between different pages.

Microsoft has also improved the downloads speed, and you’ll be able to easily manage your installed/owned apps from the new library.

Additionally, Microsoft is also working on a new feature called “Stories” for the store. This would allow developers to create editorial content to promote their apps and games and help users discover apps that would inspire them to achieve more with their devices.

This new Microsoft Store supports more types of apps and it is open for all Windows developers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft is not planning to bring its Windows Subsystem for Android to Windows 10’s app store. For now, Android support would remain exclusive to Windows 11 as it is one of the flagship features of the new operating system.

The post You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 28, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 28, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

1. You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install Microsoft Store

2. How do you re-install the Microsoft Store on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you re-install the Microsoft Store on Windows 10?: I have already tried the PowerShell command Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} and it did not work. I have also tried to reset the system and re-installed Windows but it...
  3. How to install the new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to install the new Microsoft Store on Windows 10 right now: When Microsoft unveiled the new Microsoft Store on Windows 11, it let everyone know that the new store would also come to Windows 10. Today, Microsoft started to push the new Microsoft Store to Windows 10 devices of the Insider Release Preview ring.,While that limits the...
  4. Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?: im in the windows 8.1 store and im trying to install an unavailable app i own called Xbox 360 SmartGlass because don't ask why, hint: i can't afford an xbox one but when i try to install on the 8.1 store i get this error: This item is no longer available....
  5. Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you install apps you own but are no longer available on the microsoft store?: im in the windows 8.1 store and im trying to install an unavailable app i own called Xbox 360 SmartGlass because don't ask why, hint: i can't afford an xbox one but when i try to install on the 8.1 store i get this error: This item is no longer available....
  6. Can install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can install Microsoft Store: I am amazed.A 10 days ago I purchased a Dell laptop. As you can suppose I have not had time to install any software.However yesterday I turned on my computer and I did a Windows 10 update. Big error. I lost Microsoft Store.When I tried to install it following the tips here in...
  7. You Can install october update for windows Now!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You Can install october update for windows Now!: you can install windows october update now by windows update or update assistant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-can-install-october-update-for-windows-now/5505c4b3-e1a7-4482-a784-b67a6931358f
  8. You can now buy Linux on Microsoft's Store

in Windows 10 News
    You can now buy Linux on Microsoft's Store: WLinux is the first commercial version of Linux, more precise the Windows Subssystem for Linux, on the Microsoft Store. It is advertised as a "fast Linux terminal environment for developers and pro-users built on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10" and available...
  9. You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store: Microsoft recently announced a new option for gamers in Windows 10. The company announced that the Windows 10 users will now be able to purchase games as gifts for their friends and family directly from the Microsoft Store. The company which enabled this feature for Xbox One...
  10. You can now install the Windows 10 preview on the Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    You can now install the Windows 10 preview on the Surface 3: Microsoft advised users against installing the Windows 10 Insider Preview on the Surface 3, citing a lack of official drivers for the Intel x5/x7 Atom processors. For those that installed the preview, the Redmond giant is now rolling out pre-release drivers via Windows...