Windows 10: You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC

Discus and support You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many companies let you connect your phone to your PC. Microsoft has also developed its own Your Phone app for Windows 10, Android and iOS, but Dell is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 11, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC

Many companies let you connect your phone to your PC. Microsoft has also developed its own Your Phone app for Windows 10, Android and iOS, but Dell is beating Microsoft in the quest to unify PC and mobile experiences.

Microsoft’s Your Phone app allows you to sync your text messages, photos, call history between your phone and PC. While it offers several interesting features, there are many limitations and restrictions.

Dell Mobile Connect bridges the gap between Android/iPhone and PC in a better way. It syncs text messages, allows you to access phone files, lets you make and receive phone calls, and mirrors apps from your phone. Unlike Your Phone app, these features are available for all modern Android and iPhones.

Previously, it was possible to run the app on non-Dell computers by sideloading the application and manually installing drivers. This worked on a number of PCs but the experience was a hit or miss.

When Dell published the app, Dell and non-Dell PCs were required to download a special driver that allowed everything to work. After the recent updates, you can enjoy the excellent feature set on any Windows 10 PC by exploiting Microsoft Store bug.

First and foremost, if you don’t own the app in the Microsoft Store, open Dell Mobile Connect app page in your mobile or desktop browser. Click the three dots menu located next to the ‘Install button’ and try to remotely install the app on your PC.

Dell Mobile Connect might start downloading on your device. If the download doesn’t begin automatically or it fails abruptly on a non-Dell machine, you can open Microsoft Store and search for Dell Mobile Connect app.

You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC Store-Dell-Mobile-Connect.jpg

In the Store’s app page, scroll down to the screenshots section and you’ll notice ‘install’ button in the overlay menu. Click on ‘install’ and Microsoft Store will begin downloading Dell Mobile Connect app on your device.

In our tests, we were not asked to install any special driver that allowed everything to work. It seems to work just fine on ASUS, HP and Lenovo devices, so give it a try for free today.

In some cases, you’ll be asked to download drivers for calls and mirror features.

You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC Dell-Mobile-Connect-app.jpg

All you need is a Windows 10 PC with Bluetooth and Android or iPhone, and you’re good to go. For the best experience, Dell recommends you to use the app on its supported devices.

If you’re still unable to install the app, you can always sideload it by downloading the package from here. To sideload the app, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Update & security.
    • Click on For developers and Under “Use developer features,” select the Sideload apps option or enable ‘Developer mode’. You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC Mobile-Connect-app.jpg
    • After you have enabled sideloading, double-click the .appxbundle package and install it manually.

Once you’ve installed the app on your device, you can always install or update it from Microsoft Store on any device.

The post You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 11, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
  4. You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC

Dell mobile connect

I'm trying to use Dell mobile connect using my iPhone. I can receive phone calls without problems. I can send and see texts that I've sent on mobile connect but cannot receive them through Dell Mobile connect. Any suggestions. Can't get help from Dell techs.

suziesweetpea, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC

1. You can run Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - run Dell Mobile

2. I cannot connect to my PC's mobile hotspot with any devices Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot connect to my PC's mobile hotspot with any devices Windows 10: As the title states, I want to share my computer's internet connection with another device. More specifically, I would like to share the computer's connection to a VPN service with another device which cannot ordinarily make use of VPN services itself.My problem is that even...
  3. I cannot connect to my PC's mobile hotspot with any devices Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect to my PC's mobile hotspot with any devices Windows 10: As the title states, I want to share my computer's internet connection with another device. More specifically, I would like to share the computer's connection to a VPN service with another device which cannot ordinarily make use of VPN services itself.My problem is that even...
  4. I cannot connect to my PC's mobile hotspot with any devices Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can any motherboard run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can any motherboard run Windows 10?: Can Windows 10 run on any motherboard as long as the motherboard has the same architecture as Windows 10? Here is an example. Can the 64bit version of Windows 10 run on any motherboard as long as the motherboard is, too, 64bit, regardless of how old or how new the motherboard...
  6. Running an old pc game on a new Dell pc running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running an old pc game on a new Dell pc running windows 10: Hi. While doing a clearout I have come across a very old pc game, Grim Fandango, bought way back in the day, which i would love to be able to play again on a 2017 Dell laptop running windows 10. What do i need to do to be able to run it on my current laptop? I have seen...
  7. Can you Run It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you Run It: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) https://twitter.com/Crysis/status/1250845234709311490/status/https://twitter.com/Crysis/status/1250845234709311490']View on Twitter[/url] 154444
  8. Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10 to get new features

in Windows 10 News
    Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10 to get new features: Back in 2018, Dell unveiled a new app called Dell Mobile Connect which is the company’s first PC-smartphone integration service. The app basically allows you to make and receive phone calls directly, send and receive SMS from your PC. All you need to do is download the Dell...
  9. How to use Dell Mobile Connect app to make calls from Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Dell Mobile Connect app to make calls from Windows 10 PC: Earlier this year, Dell unveiled an interesting app that brings your smartphone closer to your desktop. Dell Mobile Connect app comes with call integration, messages integration, screen mirroring and several other features. Having to look at your phone to address calls,...
  10. Dell Mobile Connect and iPhone 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Mobile Connect and iPhone 7: Win10 Pro OS New Dell XPS-8930 Desktop iPhone 7 with IOS 12 Desktop is all running with all required updates etc... DMC (Dell Mobile Connect) will not connect to my phone but provides an error message that the "HandsFree Module" did not load or install correctly....