Windows 10: You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine

Discus and support You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Virtual machines (VM) allow you to run the operating systems in an app window on Windows 10. With a virtual machine, you can play around with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 1, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine

Virtual machines (VM) allow you to run the operating systems in an app window on Windows 10. With a virtual machine, you can play around with a completely different operating system and also run apps within that OS in a sandboxed environment.

Virtual machines are widely available on desktops, but if you want to run virtual operating systems on an iPhone, there hasn’t really been a good way to do this until UTM. As we reported in February, UTM is an open-source virtual machine that allows you to run a fully-fledged virtual Windows 10 operating system right inside of your Apple’s phone.

According to the creators, UTM is an app for running Windows and Linux operating systems on your iPhone or iPad at a usable speed. Some users have tried running Windows 10 on an iPhone X with UTM and it works well if you have plenty of patience.

For a virtual machine running on mobile hardware, this app works well and you’ll not feel like it’s simulated and not your native OS. While the developers have done a really great job, performance is still slow and it takes more than 30 seconds to open apps such as File Explorer or Settings.

It’s worth noting that there is no jailbreak or hacking involved and the dev has actually managed to boot up a Windows 10 VM in about 20 minutes. Windows 10-powered iPhone X is able to respond to touch and run File Explorer, Settings, Microsoft Office apps and even Paint.

You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine iPhone-X-Windows-VM.jpg
    File Explorer in Windows 10 VM on an iPhone X

Apple’s mobile devices are apparently capable of running a resources-hungry operating system like Windows 10, but nothing about Windows 10 on iPhone X is fast. For example, it takes more than 20 minutes to run the older version of Windows 10 and several seconds to launch basic apps.

“I’m using Windows 10 v1607 in this video. The installation from the original ISO file lasted ~2 hours. A “normal” boot time is around 20 minutes. I think we could have better performance with newer iPhone/iPad model,” the dev said.

While you don’t need to hack or jailbreak your iPhone to boot Windows 10, the app must be sideloaded since it’s not approved by Apple.

If you’re interested, you can follow these steps to run Windows 10 in a virtual machine on an iPhone:

• Download AltStore and add the source ‘https://alt.getutm.app’.
    • Install UTM.

Once you’ve installed UTM, download and use Windows 10 ISO image.

The post You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 1, 2020

2. Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Hello J. Villanueva,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10 in the system and getting error message: “Virtual PC 2007 SP1 does not work on this version of Windows”.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Run virtual machines on Windows 8.1 with Client Hyper-V

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Before the Windows 10 upgrades, I was running a virtual machine, Virtual PC2007, running under windows 7. Have a licence of Windows XP, that I was running in the VM. All was fine and great. Then Windows 10 was upgraded into my machine, now I'm getting
    an error message "Virtual PC 2007 SP1 doesn't work on this version of Windows. Learn more." Is there a version of Virtual Machine that I can run Windows XP under Windows 10?

Thank you

j.villanueva, Apr 1, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

Want to setup Xeon server running with atleast 15-20 Virtual machines in Budget

Hi Guys,

Want to setup Xeon server running with atleast 10-15 Virtual machines in Budget
    This is what I want to do since long time, please suggest me.

Thanks!

sammy, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - run iPhone Virtual

2. SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?: i have new samsung galaxy book 2 pro and I have installed a vm ware. I keep getting the error of SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ? IT from work has worked on this all week and as well as myself. Going through all the steps listed for...
  3. SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?: i have new samsung galaxy book 2 pro and I have installed a vm ware. I keep getting the error of SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ? IT from work has worked on this all week and as well as myself. Going through all the steps listed for...
  4. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  5. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  6. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine: Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the...
  7. Virtual machine to run linux

Virtual machine to run linux: Windows is not my main OS. I use it for work and I'd like to install openSUSE (or any other distribution) on a virtual machine to use while I do office work on Windows. What are my options? submitted by /u/C8H10N4O2montreal [link] [comments]...
  8. How can you (if possible) run a Windows 10 virtual machine (on Windows 10) completely for...

How can you (if possible) run a Windows 10 virtual machine (on Windows 10) completely for...: I have virtual box and an exe setup file (to get an iso for Windows 10). Could I use these to run a VM for free, forever? submitted by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3 [link] [comments]...
  9. Virtual Machine Running Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine Running Issue: Hi Guys... I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.)...
  10. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...