Windows 10: You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI

Discus and support You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If your Start Menu feels too big or too small, you can easily resize it and make more space to pin apps. To resize the Start Menu, you simply have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 10, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI

If your Start Menu feels too big or too small, you can easily resize it and make more space to pin apps. To resize the Start Menu, you simply have to position your mouse cursor on its edge and drag your mouse. However, there’s a catch – the Windows Search interface is also affected when you change the size of the Start Menu.

In Windows 10 version 20H2 or older, the Windows Search interface respects the size of the Start Menu. You’ll notice the responsive UI of Search when you position your cursor on the top edge of the Start menu, then and drag your mouse up or down. This will change the height of the Start Menu, and Windows Search will also stay that way.

In some cases, when you reduce the height of the Start Menu, some Search UI elements might not scale properly, preventing users from viewing all the main functions of the search feature, such as the Bing screenshot search or “Switch to Microsoft Edge” banners.

You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI Windows-Search-20H2.jpg
    Windows Search in version 20H2

In the preview builds, Search and Start Menu have become two separate entities in terms of window size too. You can now change the height of the Start Menu without affecting the Search interface.

You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI Windows-Search-UI.jpg
    Windows Search in preview builds

That’s a major move and it’s possible that Microsoft will introduce a new way to change the height and the width of the search interface.

Since the Windows Search interface can be controlled via server-side updates, we wouldn’t be surprised if they bring this change to older versions of Windows 10.

Windows Search and Microsoft Edge integration

In addition to the aforementioned change, Microsoft is also working on another feature that will allow Edge to share your browsing data with Windows Search. In the upcoming version of Microsoft Edge, you can use a new sync service to share browser data across the search services on Windows 10, such as the taskbar search.

This setting is currently accessible in the Canary builds of Edge under the Settings > Profiles page. When the feature is enabled, Windows Search will get access to your Microsoft Edge browser data, such as your browsing history, frequently visited sites, bookmarked pages, and more.

At the moment, Microsoft is testing Edge integration in Windows Search only, but it’s possible that the feature will also come to other service-based services, including the digital assistant Cortana.

The post You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10  

Sorry, it's still a two step process on my system.
    Switching between the new Default (Continuum) Menu and the previous (Resizable) Menu is one thing;
    then, when you're on the 'Resizable Menu' UI you still need to Toggle to get the Start Screen, (W8.1 style).

Edwin, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10  

Okay, sorry bout that.
    I was under the impression it was a two step process to go from the default menu to the resizable menu then an extra step to go to the Start Screen. *Redface

Edwin, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. You can soon resize Windows 10 Start Menu without affecting the Search UI - Similar Threads - soon resize Start

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu: My Problem is that i use the full screen option for the start menu in Windows. This works perfectly. I noticed when using this option that my search windows expands up to the top of my screen.I know that normally the size of the search window is the same as the start menu....
  5. Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu: My Problem is that i use the full screen option for the start menu in Windows. This works perfectly. I noticed when using this option that my search windows expands up to the top of my screen.I know that normally the size of the search window is the same as the start menu....
  6. Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu

in Cortana
  7. Start Menu Tearing | UI | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tearing | UI | Windows 10: Has anybody experienced this issue? The bottom part of Start Menu displays an empty black panel. I am on Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.165. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-tearing-ui-windows-10/f797f011-2603-4071-8924-910c0007870e
  8. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  9. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...