Windows 10: You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10

Discus and support You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A little while ago, Microsoft Garage team launched Photos Companion for Android and iOS devices. The Photos Companion app is supposed to directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10

A little while ago, Microsoft Garage team launched Photos Companion for Android and iOS devices. The Photos Companion app is supposed to directly transfer photos and videos from phone to PC over Wi-Fi.

It looks like Microsoft is working on yet another interesting feature for the app. The latest preview build of Microsoft Photos app has a new option – Record from mobile. The option apparently suggests that you’ll be soon able to send or transfer recorded audio from your smartphone (Android or iOS) to your Windows 10 Photos app over Wi-Fi.

To send audio from the phone, the app will require you to scan the QR code using the phone’s camera.

“Use the Photos Companion app on your mobile devices to scan the QR code. Then press record on your mobile device to begin,” the message reads.

“Thanks for helping Microsoft test the Photos Companion app and mobile transfer over Wif-Fi. This experimental feature may be changed or removed at any time,” Microsoft explains.

Basically, you can transfer your audio recording to the PC and use it as a narration in a video creation. If you’re making a short video clip, you can transfer any audio stored in the phone to the Photos app and use it in the video clip as a narration.

Microsoft is A/B testing this feature and it’s not yet available for the masses. We are also not sure whether or not this feature will make it to the final release of the app.

What is Photos Companion app?

Photos Companion is yet another experimental app from Microsoft’s Garage lab. The app works with Microsoft Photos app to directly transfer photos and videos from phone to Windows 10 PC over Wi-Fi.

Microsoft Garage released the app publicly in February and it aims to address the problem that users and especially students face when transferring photos to their PCs.

You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10 Photos-Companion-app.jpg

“Our solution was to build an app that would support direct wireless transfer between any phone or mobile device and the Windows 10 Photos app on any Windows 10 PC,” Microsoft explained.

The Photos Companion makes the photo transferring processor easier and faster. The process is as easy as it sounds. To get started, download the app from the Play Store or Apple App Store. Follow the on-screen instructions, make sure your phone and PC are on the same Wi-Fi network, then scan a code and transfer the photos to your PC in a couple of minutes.

The Photos Companion app is a good idea and it’s supposed to help millions of people set up and transfer their photos from mobile devices to Windows 10 PCs.

The post You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Read more: Hands on with Microsofts Phone Companion app, your hub to syncing with Windows 10

Brink, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Photos Companion - PC Doesn't Show QR Code

Hi Kandi,

There are several reasons why you're unable to transfer files from the Photo Companion app. Caches from your iPhone maybe interrupting the file transfer to your Windows PC, or the Windows 10 Photo app might be corrupted. Kindly try to perform these steps,
    and check if it'll make any difference:

1. Try to reset your iPhone to delete all caches that maybe interrupting the file transfer.
    2. Photos Companion app is connected to Windows 10 through the Photo app. You may try to run the

Windows 10 app troubleshooter
      as this fixes usual Windows 10 app problems.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. You can soon use Photos companion app to transfer audio from phone to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - soon Photos companion

2. photo transfer from i phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo transfer from i phone: When I try to download photos from my i phone 12 i constantly lose the connection. How to I keep a consistent connection so it doesnt keep asking me to try again?...
  3. photo transfer from i phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo transfer from i phone: When I try to download photos from my i phone 12 i constantly lose the connection. How to I keep a consistent connection so it doesnt keep asking me to try again?...
  4. Companion Phone App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Companion Phone App: The Companion Phone app has taken my computer hostage. The App won't terminate and it won't let me delete it from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/companion-phone-app/8d2a53d9-c256-46a9-9cd5-018ea3bdbbd1
  5. PHONE COMPANION APP

PHONE COMPANION APP: I am facing issue while connecting my phone with pc.....It is taking lot of time to connect even though i have the latest version of app with good internet connectivity. I had waited for 30 min but it is showing no response to me....
  6. PHONE COMPANION APP

PHONE COMPANION APP: I am facing issue while connecting my phone with pc.....It is taking lot of time to connect even though i have the latest version of app with good internet connectivity. I had waited for 30 min but it is showing no response to me....
  7. My Phone App and photo transferring

My Phone App and photo transferring: I am trying to get my photes off my phone into my laptop but am running into all kinds of issues. First I thought I would use the My Phone App but apparently it is registered under my other gmail account and I cannot figure out how to change it. Then, I thought my picks...
  8. You can search for Photos by the name of the phone used to take the photo.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You can search for Photos by the name of the phone used to take the photo.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OneMadBubble [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e47y42/you_can_search_for_photos_by_the_name_of_the/
  9. You can soon make, receive Android phone calls from Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You can soon make, receive Android phone calls from Windows 10: Windows 10’s Your Phone app bridges the gap between desktop and Android smartphones, allowing you to send and receive texts right from your PC. Windows 10 Your Phone app was recently updated with screen mirroring support and it looks the Redmond firm is preparing another big...
  10. Phone companion app

Phone companion app: I need to download the Phone Companion App for windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion-app/02c568df-703c-4d09-a65c-be3bfc1f1650