Windows 10: You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now

Discus and support You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you are running Windows 10 Home Edition and want to upgrade to Pro you can do it for about £1 English or 14:99 Swedish kroner. To do this click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlanWade, Jun 29, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now

If you are running Windows 10 Home Edition and want to upgrade to Pro you can do it for about £1 English or 14:99 Swedish kroner.
    To do this click on Start then Settings.
    Now click on Update and Security then on Activation and you will see the option to upgrade.
    Click on "Go to Store" and you can buy it for about a £1.
    Once your payment is confirmed the upgrade will install
    and you will get a confirmation email to your Microsoft account email address.

:)

AlanWade, Jun 29, 2015

2. Go back to orgina lversion of Win 10

Answer-by-number:

1. When did you purchase the Win10 Home computer?

2. Where & when did you purchase the Win10 Pro upgrade?

3. When did you upgrade to Win10 Pro?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Home fresh install blue screens, Windows program failure and 3rd party program crashes.

Note: You may have replaced Windows 10 Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro but you didn't upgrade from Enterprise to Pro - and you're not upgrading from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home now.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 29, 2015
  4. You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now

Thanks for info, saw these mentioned a while back for $1

Hope this is still there when it comes out end of July

paulsalter, Jun 29, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    I updated now, I didnt want to risk the price going up in July *Smile

AlanWade, Jun 29, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    I had to look in "system" to find that I had the pro version, I had no idea that there was a choice.

tinmar49, Jun 29, 2015
  7. unifex Win User
    Why, may I ask, anyone would be interested in the Home version of the Win 10 preview? It's free anyway, right? So what exactly are you paying your dollar for?

unifex, Jun 29, 2015
  8. richc46 Win User

The charge is for pro. The offer is aimed at those that would only be entitled to a free Home Edition.

richc46, Jun 30, 2015
  9. CalBear37 Win User
    What does the pro version offer other than the ability to determine the timing of the "required" updates?

CalBear37, Jun 30, 2015
  10. VBS
    VBs Win User
    I would think that it isn't so different from win 8.1 or earlier versions
    mostly things for work in enterprise for example ability to join domain, group policy, remote desktop host, BitLocker support, boot from VHD, hyper-v.

11. DavidY Win User
    I think Bitlocker is useful for home use too - if someone steals your laptop and it has Bitlocker, you have at least some assurance that your personal data won't be easy to access.

DavidY, Jul 1, 2015
  12. CalBear37 Win User
    CalBear37, Jul 2, 2015
  13. DavidY Win User

I've just tried clicking Go To Store from an edition of Home, and it now says
    "for testing only. Do not purchase"

You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now [​IMG]

This suggests to me that any product key you might obtain this way won't work in the final release.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10 Pro

2. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  3. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  4. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...: First off, it seems insane to me that MS has done away with human interaction other than free crowd-sourced support, but anyway...A client I am assisting has purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on a machine that had Win10 Home installed. Began the installation, which promptly...
  5. can you still upgrade windows 7 to win10 for free?

can you still upgrade windows 7 to win10 for free?: can you still upgrade windows 7 to win10 for free? please answer if you are sure kann man windows 7 immernoch kostenlos auf win10 upgraden?
  6. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 pro

Upgrade to Win10 pro: My PC originally had Win7 premium installed and I have the original product key. It has had several auto upgrades and is now running Win19 Home and has a different key. How can I use the original key to get Win10 pro without extra charge?...
  8. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Upgrading to Win10 Pro

Upgrading to Win10 Pro: I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how? Thank you very much. 36545