Windows 10: You cannot put drawing objects into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote

Discus and support You cannot put drawing objects into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Problem with Word: This message above pops up every time I am trying to copy; paste, cut, etc. Copying and cutting is possible, but not pasting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Irina#Sandomirskaja, Aug 11, 2020.

1. You cannot put drawing objects into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote

Problem with Word:

This message above pops up every time I am trying to copy; paste, cut, etc.

Copying and cutting is possible, but not pasting

What shall I do about it?

thanks in advance

:)

Irina#Sandomirskaja, Aug 11, 2020

2. popup message in word documents

why do I get a message in word docs stating "you can't put a drawing object into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote."

craigcornish2, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search

Windows explorer search (using the search box) doesn't find content in footnotes in .docx. It works with endnotes.

Any way to make it work with footnotes as well?

Or is there an alternative to Windows search which is able to do it?

Best.

Drop Shadow, Aug 11, 2020
  4. PKOQ Win User

You cannot put drawing objects into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote

Endnote or Footnote numbering sequence breaks down after text cut-and-paste in Word

I found an answer to my own problem and am posting here if it helps others.

It is not a referencing bug but to do with 'track changes' and other settings on your document (especially documents that are edited, and the track changes look less conspicuous).

1.You need to click on View.

2. Select draft.

3. Select references.

4. Scroll through the endnotes / footnotes that are thought to be missing.

5. Delete the text and superscript number in the main part of your doc that you had pasted elsewhere. Or you can right-click and 'accept deletion'.

6. The numbers will re-calibrate.

Thema:

You cannot put drawing objects into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote

1. You cannot put drawing objects into a text box, callout, comment, footnote, or endnote - Similar Threads - cannot put drawing

2. Cannot comment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot comment?: I'm trying to comment in the Microsoft Start news articles but it keeps asking me to switch my accounts to comment. So I did, even created a new account and its still asking me to switch accounts. Any ideas?...
  3. Cannot comment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot comment?: I'm trying to comment in the Microsoft Start news articles but it keeps asking me to switch my accounts to comment. So I did, even created a new account and its still asking me to switch accounts. Any ideas?...
  4. Flag on account "You cannot comment with that user name"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flag on account "You cannot comment with that user name": I am trying to comment on an MSN news article and keep getting a flag "You cannot comment with that user name" and "The username violates our guidelines" I have been commenting using the name Debra A since I opened my account. Changing the name does nothing. Please help. ***...
  5. Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?: This is baffling. When viewing Reddit on Chrome, the comment box (and this box I'm typing this message in) has a handle attached to the lower right corner of this text box that you can resize. I can make resize any text box on Reddit 1500 pixels x 1500 pixels if I want. I am...
  6. How to draw boxes and circles

How to draw boxes and circles: This has to be the easiest question you will see. Im trying to track my lottery wins and losses and im trying to draw boxes and circles around the numbers. But when i go to draw a box or circle and drag it to where i want it, the lines outside the box goes away. I use the...
  7. footnote numbering

in Cortana
    footnote numbering: I'm using Office 365 in windows 10. I made a mistake in numbering footnotes. Now I can't fix it or cancel the numbers. Anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/footnote-numbering/25ad29a9-2002-4de9-98d1-e1dc7031451e"
  8. Object in black box appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Object in black box appeared: I now have an object in the upper left corner of my screen. I can't move it. I get nothing if I right click it. It looks like a vertical stipe with some white at the top and then mostly red with 100% below it - all on a black box. How do I get rid of this?...
  9. Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?: How to indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text) automatically? I have word 2013, and I would like to insert an indentation 1.5 between the raised number and the text in footnotes (see figure 1) Figure 1 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
  10. how do i disable this drawing to text box thing?

how do i disable this drawing to text box thing?: i have a wacom tablet, and this started happening today :-/ i checked the setting under pen and touch, and the wacome under control panel, but didnt see anything worth while... [img] 15171

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you cant put drawing objects into a text box callout comment footnote or endnote

2. you cannot put drawing objects into a text box

3. you cannot put drawing objects