Windows 10: "You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up."

Discus and support "You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up." in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to play Dead By Daylight trough the xbox game pass subscription on my laptop as im not on my desktop but when i try to enter it tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FrancisssNC, Jun 19, 2021.

1. "You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up."

I was trying to play Dead By Daylight trough the xbox game pass subscription on my laptop as im not on my desktop but when i try to enter it tells me "You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up." ive tried multiple solutions like going to my security settings but everything was already on.Note: My birthday is correct .

:)

FrancisssNC, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

"You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up."

Hi Holy1233,

Thank you for bringing this up. There are several reasons as to why you can't play Sea of Thieves on your Windows 10 computer. Regarding your concern, the code name "AvocadoBeard" is given by the game developer to easily identify
    what's causing you unable to play the game. It wants to inform you that your privacy and online safety settings are restricting you to play the game, or if you don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership and you're playing the game on Xbox One. Since you confirmed
    that your privacy and online safety settings are all good, there's a possibility that there's something wrong with your game profile on Sea of Thieves. I suggest that you contact
    Sea of Thieves Support team so that they could also help us to investigate and fix this issue and allow you to play the game. You may refer to this
    link that discusses the same issue and how you can contact Sea of Thieves Support.

If you want to double check your privacy and online safety settings, you may login on this
    link and follow the steps below:

• Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to
      Allow
    • You can also change other settings before clicking the
      Save button.
    • Play the game again.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Ariel Acu, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Rise of Nations: Extended Edition multiplayer not working.

Hi,

You may receive a permission to access multiplayer services error if you are using a child account or your online safety settings are set up incorrectly. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Are you using a child account?
    • Aside from the privacy settings, have you tried to change the online safety settings of the account?
    • Can you play other multiplayer games using the same account?

If you are using a child account, we would like to let you know that only a parent account can change the online safety settings of your profile. In the meantime, you may follow the steps on this

link
    to allow your account to play multiplayer games online.

Loraine Mon, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Holy1233 Win User

I am trying to play sea of thieves on PC and getting "You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up." It then says to change this in privacy and online safety setting, but I looked and there's nothing preventing me. I then get the
    error code avocadobeard. I pre-ordered the game a few weeks ago, but can not play.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store

Holy1233, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. "You can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is set up." - Similar Threads - can't play multiplayer

2. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...: You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please your online safety settings allow Multiplayer. See instructions for changing thesa settings...
  3. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...: You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please your online safety settings allow Multiplayer. See instructions for changing thesa settings...
  4. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": I have went to the Xbox one/Windows 10 safety tab and changed all my permissions to "Allow", however Minecraft Pocket Edition is still giving me the following message when i try to but Minecraft Realms to play with friends... "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how...
  5. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": I have went to the Xbox one/Windows 10 safety tab and changed all my permissions to "Allow", however Minecraft Pocket Edition is still giving me the following message when i try to but Minecraft Realms to play with friends... "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how...
  6. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": So I have followed all of the youtube videos saying that I need to log into Xbox.com and switch everything to allow and it worked on my iPad the message dosen’t come up anymore but it is still on my Xbox Minecraft and I don’t know what to do...
  7. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": So I have followed all of the youtube videos saying that I need to log into Xbox.com and switch everything to allow and it worked on my iPad the message dosen’t come up anymore but it is still on my Xbox Minecraft and I don’t know what to do...
  8. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": I was trying to play minecraft on my xbox online then the game said that how my account was setup it wouldn't let me play the online game and I went to the website and it just shows stuff I dont need. Please Help....
  9. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": I was trying to play minecraft on my xbox online then the game said that how my account was setup it wouldn't let me play the online game and I went to the website and it just shows stuff I dont need. Please Help....
  10. you can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is setup: I tried to play minecraft online, but i just can't . I have already tried to change my account online safety tab but when i go there it goes to a microsoft's help page saying what to say. I can't go to my online safety tab pls help...