Windows 10: 'You can't run Windows 10 on this computer' - I cannot update or even restore/reset my PC....

Discus and support 'You can't run Windows 10 on this computer' - I cannot update or even restore/reset my PC.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having a pretty serious and to my level of skill , unfixable issue with my HP Spectre x360 15 (2017-18 model - I bought it Summer 2018 @ Best Buy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nickm418, Sep 6, 2020.

1. 'You can't run Windows 10 on this computer' - I cannot update or even restore/reset my PC....

I am having a pretty serious and to my level of skill , unfixable issue with my HP Spectre x360 15 (2017-18 model - I bought it Summer 2018 @ Best Buy. Not sure if there's two different models sorry so it's a 2017, or if there's and 18 then it's a 2018 model - I will go check to make sure when I get home and update the post)

I am pretty good with computers, at least used to be till around when windows 7 happened and then I had to much to do in general and wasn't even using a PC until I got this so I'm like behind the times with my pc knowledge.

Anyway, I go to update the pc , every update installed except one, and it gives me and error saying "this computer can't run windows 10" . I've tried literally everything. I am about to do a disc defrag, which is literally the last option I can think of. There is like nothing on my hard drive besides WoW, SWTOR, netflix, hulu, steam, battle.net, some notepad I got from MS store. I am the only user of the PC. I've ran HPs included troubleshooter, system tune up, the OS checker.I've ran the free up space option in system settings > storage . I have ran all of my antivirus stuff (the windows built in antivirus) .

I do not know what to do.

.....ANNDDDDD here the crazy part: I even tried every way of rolling back the os or basically doing a factory reset and it says it failed everytime .

What is going on ? I am so lost . My warranty ran out in December and I really don't wanna pay someone to fix this . This thing was like $2k and I need it to work properly. Well that last part going without saying . But yeah, very odd and any help/tips is greatly appreciated !

submitted by /u/nickm418
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nickm418, Sep 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

'You can't run Windows 10 on this computer' - I cannot update or even restore/reset my PC....

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

'You can't run Windows 10 on this computer' - I cannot update or even restore/reset my PC....

1. 'You can't run Windows 10 on this computer' - I cannot update or even restore/reset my PC.... - Similar Threads - 'You can't run

2. I cannot update or reset computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot update or reset computer windows 10: Since mid last year, I have been unable to update my computer. I have tried quite possibly over 25 in-depth solutions and have had no results yet. Whats interesting is that I cannot reset my pc either, for no matter how I try it fails and says "reverting changes" midway...
  3. I cannot update or reset computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot update or reset computer windows 10: Since mid last year, I have been unable to update my computer. I have tried quite possibly over 25 in-depth solutions and have had no results yet. Whats interesting is that I cannot reset my pc either, for no matter how I try it fails and says "reverting changes" midway...
  4. I cannot update or reset computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update, restore, reset my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update, restore, reset my PC: Hi, My PC is in limbo and I have tried everything I know of to try and fix it. It started yesterday when my graphics drivers wanted to update. I ran the Radeon installer and it gave me a general error. So I tried a clean install using the Radeon clean up utility, no luck,...
  6. I can't even reset my own PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't even reset my own PC?: Hello! When I've tried to go to settings in Windows 10 I've searched for the setting called "Reset this PC" Then I've clicked "Get Started" button to Reset my PC But, it didn't work/open, like I click so many times and it wont even open please help this is the picture of...
  7. I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I cannot restore my Windows 10 PC?: Howdy, I have tried to restore my Windows 10 PC so that once everything is off the PC. When I try to reset my PC via the "Reset this PC" item in the Windows settings, I get the error message "Problem refreshing the PC, no changes have been made". Using the...
  8. I can't reset my pc or update my pc.

I can't reset my pc or update my pc.: If i want to update my pc it says there are problems installing updates. When I try to reset my PC it says no changes have been made. I have already looked up online how I can solve it but nothing works....
  9. After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an i7 Sandy Bridge chip. 16GB RAM, GTX video card. During a recent update, i think the power cycled in my house during it, and now the PC won't start. I can get into the BIOS and the repair screen, but i can't do anything else...
  10. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.: I really dont know where to begin but basically i was trying to hard reset my computer The computer is the Steammachine and it gave me an error that i cannot restart my computer because of an error. I do have a prompt telling me that windows resource protection found corrupt...