Windows 10: You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead.

Discus and support You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to change my login info on my own PC, yet it still requires me to use my work/school in this case school account to log in. It forces me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LonelyBoi, Jan 31, 2021.

1. LonelyBoi Win User

You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead.

I'm trying to change my login info on my own PC, yet it still requires me to use my work/school in this case school account to log in. It forces me to change my PIN every month or so and I have to make up a new PIN every time can't reuse old ones. Can I switch accounts without resetting my computer?

:)

LonelyBoi, Jan 31, 2021
  2. WallyX Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

I do in fact have an existing Microsoft account and if I go directly to Microsoft, everything works. The problem is clearly at Step 7 of the process of, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead." I don't know why this is happening.

WallyX, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds

Source: Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge Insider builds - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead.

Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds Insider

Source: Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge Insider builds - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try

Brink, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. - Similar Threads - can't sign here

2. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead....: I've been trying for weeks, even looking at forums at 3 AMM just to fix this stupid error. WHY THE HECK DO I NEED A WORK ACCOUNT TO SIGN IN MICRO SOFT!!!! COME ON WHY DO I NEED TO CREATE A NEW GMAIL ACCOUNT JUST TO FIX THIS, Please....And also... this is for Visual Studio...
  3. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead....: I've been trying for weeks, even looking at forums at 3 AMM just to fix this stupid error. WHY THE HECK DO I NEED A WORK ACCOUNT TO SIGN IN MICRO SOFT!!!! COME ON WHY DO I NEED TO CREATE A NEW GMAIL ACCOUNT JUST TO FIX THIS, Please....And also... this is for Visual Studio...
  4. When I try to sign in I get this "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to sign in I get this "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your...: When I try to sign in I get this "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-in-i-get-this-you-cant-sign-in/650c5e27-ba1c-4c7c-813d-cac7ba66dd94
  5. When I try to sign in I get this "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your...

When I try to sign in I get this "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your...: When I try to sign in I get this "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-in-i-get-this-you-cant-sign-in/650c5e27-ba1c-4c7c-813d-cac7ba66dd94
  6. You can't sign in here with a work or school account..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You can't sign in here with a work or school account..: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Home laptop, have created MS account to log in and I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I now would like to give it to a corporate user who has work account and e-mail associated with our corporate domain. When I try to add another user to the device I...
  7. You can't sign in here with a work or school account..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can't sign in here with a work or school account..: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Home laptop, have created MS account to log in and I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I now would like to give it to a corporate user who has work account and e-mail associated with our corporate domain. When I try to add another user to the device I...
  8. You can't sign in here with a work or school account..

9. 'You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use a work or school one instead' problem...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    'You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use a work or school one instead' problem...: Hi, Microsoft Store isn't working for me because I'm trying to sign in with a personal account instead of a school/work account. I want to download Minecraft for Windows 10 so I can play with my friend which I had bought previously, and I can't sign in with the personal...
  10. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead....: Hello! So im trying to change my pin for the lockscreen but for some reason windows is asking me to sign in with my school email, which I used as sign in for the microsoft apps. When i try my regular email then i can't sign in and get the error above^ any help would be...