Windows 10: You deleted my Freecell? Really?!?!

Discus and support You deleted my Freecell? Really?!?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After changing to Windows 10 a few years ago I was disappointed to find that Freecell minesweeper etc was no longer included with Windows. So I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MakaioDavis, Jul 29, 2020.

1. You deleted my Freecell? Really?!?!

After changing to Windows 10 a few years ago I was disappointed to find that Freecell minesweeper etc was no longer included with Windows.

So I found a free version of it somewhere and downloaded and installed it and all was well.

Now every time Windows 10 wants to update it deletes freecell on me and I need to revert back to a previous restore point to even be able to FIND my files that I installed. This is, in a nutshell, where microsoft has lost my love and why I had refused to change to Windows 10 for so long. It messes with my s**t, without my permission. I understand that you have a paid version of freecell that you want to push. I DO NOT WANT IT. I want the free version that I HAD installed on MY computer. You can keep Microsoft Edge you can keep your app store and you can keep your GD hands off of my files and preferences.

Why does microsoft always seem to do this? You make it hard for us to do things the way we want and try to force us to do things the way you designed them. And when we find a way in spite of you, you claw it back. The only reason I haven't long ago switched to a Mac at home I do use one at work is that it's still somewhat difficult to get all of the programs and games I want on a Mac. That is the only thing keeping a windows machine in my house any more.

Please...for the love of all things. Stop hiding settings, stop forcing your tools and app stores on your customers, while we still are your customers.

Thank you.

:)

MakaioDavis, Jul 29, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

You deleted my Freecell? Really?!?!

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

You deleted my Freecell? Really?!?!

1. You deleted my Freecell? Really?!?! - Similar Threads - deleted Freecell Really

2. In Windows 11, how to you turn on a dialogue that confirms that you really want to delete a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, how to you turn on a dialogue that confirms that you really want to delete a...: In Windows 11, how to you turn on a dialogue that confirms that you really want to delete a file: for example: "Confirm delete Letter_from_Ex?"...
  3. In Windows 11, how to you turn on a dialogue that confirms that you really want to delete a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how to you turn on a dialogue that confirms that you really want to delete a...: In Windows 11, how to you turn on a dialogue that confirms that you really want to delete a file: for example: "Confirm delete Letter_from_Ex?"...
  4. Freecell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freecell: Is anyone higher than this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freecell/d24c1740-72e1-4140-bf72-bfab0dfe5803
  5. Freecell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freecell: Is anyone higher than this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freecell/d24c1740-72e1-4140-bf72-bfab0dfe5803
  6. FreeCell score

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FreeCell score: My dad was really proud of his freecell score. I was thinking about getting him a new computer. I signed him up for a Microsoft account for his games. That saved all his freecell wins. Then I logged in from my computer and he got all my losses. Is there any way to fix that?...
  7. freecell

in Windows 10 Customization
    freecell: Has anyone it level 1000 on freecell, seems like it would take some time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freecell/bc961885-5cad-4533-9bee-d57e9899493a
  8. FreeCell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FreeCell: Why can't I move a card into a blank space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freecell/0075acb8-50d1-42b1-b0b6-12e50d17b050
  9. Freecell

in Cortana
    Freecell: How to escape from Freecell, and start another game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freecell/d10ce031-f195-45be-80a1-e923189d2ed7"
  10. freecell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freecell: what happened to auto move? i have to play each card manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/freecell/6af02cec-dc94-4c50-8e15-c511c2d33a6e