Windows 10: "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer

Discus and support "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 pro on two computer. One was upgraded I call PC and the other a new laptop I call LT. I set the network to share as per the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MKUSERMS, Jun 8, 2020.

1. MKUSERMS Win User

"You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer

I am running Windows 10 pro on two computer. One was upgraded I call PC and the other a new laptop I call LT. I set the network to share as per the instructions and I can read my files on my PC from my LT with no problem. However when I try to go read the files under the User folder or any other folder on my LT from my PC I get the above error. I do see both computes and all the shared drive under File explorer on both computer.

I tried everything suggested in this form Network discovery switch, all the recommenced services under services.msc to no avail. I also tried to disable the firewall on the LT but that did not work either. I need your help to resolve this problem.

:)

MKUSERMS, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 8, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 8, 2020
  4. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer - Similar Threads - Permission Access network

2. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  3. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  4. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. You do not have permission to access \\ Computer name. Contact network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\ Computer name. Contact network administrator to...: I am running Windows 10 on 2 computers, have a wired internet network. I have the computers seeing each other, but I keep getting an error -You do not have permission to access \\ Computer name. Contact network administrator to request access. I have done everything I can...
  6. 'Network Error', 'Windows cannot access... You do not have permission.

'Network Error', 'Windows cannot access... You do not have permission.: I've got a new computer running Windows 10 Home v 1909 which I'm adding to my Home Network via wifi ['Private']. I've got the following options selected... Under Advanced Sharing Settings -- Private Network 'Turn on network discovery' radio button 'On', 'Turn on automatic...
  7. Network error message - Windows cannot access \\[computer]. You do not have permission...

Network error message - Windows cannot access \\[computer]. You do not have permission...: All the computers on my home network have access to each other except one which can access the others but is inaccessible to all of them. They get the "Windows cannot access \\" error message when they click on it in network file explorer. The problem arose a month or so...
  8. You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name)

You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name): I have an in-home Private network with two computers connected through an Ethernet/WiFi router. The laptop is connected via WiFi and the desktop is connected via Ethernet. The laptop has full read/write access to all folders of the desktop. However the desktop receives the...
  9. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  10. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...