Windows 10: You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername].

Discus and support You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername]. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As Administrator for the office PC's running Windows 10, I attempted to defragment a PC's hard disk drive. The Windows indicated that defragmentation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoviceSQL2008, Aug 21, 2019.

1. You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername].

As Administrator for the office PC's running Windows 10, I attempted to defragment a PC's hard disk drive. The Windows indicated that defragmentation was not an option. On the defragmentation screen, I noticed that the drive (HDD, CYou do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername]. :) was incorrectly classified as Type= Solid State Drive. So, I proceeded to Windows Disk Management to investigate further. Windows blocked my attempt to access the Disk Manager with the message "You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername]". But this is one of 15 identical 1-yr-old PC's, and I have no difficulty accessing Disk Manager in all other identical PC's, which I have never reconfigured from their initial Windows defaults. Ideas?

:)

NoviceSQL2008, Aug 21, 2019

2. Strange Issue with Logical Disk Manager...

I do....and the only way I can access it, is by right clicking it in the Logical, and clicking open. For example, even if I give it S:\, and I go to the address bar, and type S:\ it doesn't exist, when I DO access it, in Logical, The address bar is 100% Blank....Freaking scary issue.

EDIT: And I should also mention, that instead of a picture of a Hard disk, in the Logical, it has a picture like a Floppy disk instead, freaking weird.

«BladE|==|, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername]. SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Aug 21, 2019
  4. HilaryMC Win User

You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername].

Accessing Logical Disk Management in Windows 10 Home

Hey,

So, I'm trying to access Disk Management. It opens but a pop-up tells me I don't have access rights.

Also, at the bottom of the Disk Management box it says cannot start Virtual Disk Service. The Event Viewer says the service started, then it stopped over and over.

I opened the VDS Properties box and the whole thing is greyed out.

I am running Windows 10 Home.

I'm having issues with backup space and need to move a partition. I really don't want to use a third party app or DISKPART but I will if there is no hope of accessing the Logical Disk Management console.

I look forward to your solutions.

Best,

Ggardengirll

PS I have no idea which Topic this falls under, will someone please move it to the proper section.

HilaryMC, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername].

1. You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on [computername]. - Similar Threads - access rights Logical

2. Logical Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logical Disk Manager: A group of uers in my firm have been issued new computers using winows 10. One user cannot access disk properties on their computer with error; “You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on Windows 10 Professional Version.” Ongoing local security policies and...
  3. Logical Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logical Disk Manager: A group of uers in my firm have been issued new computers using winows 10. One user cannot access disk properties on their computer with error; “You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on Windows 10 Professional Version.” Ongoing local security policies and...
  4. Logical Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows cannot access \\<computername>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\<computername>: My Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - all updates can see other computers on the network but cannot connect to their shares, whereas the other computers can connect to the Surface Pro3 shares. Network error says: Windows cannot access \\<computername>. Turning off firewalls and...
  6. Disk Management Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Management Access: Having run into a system partition issue now twice the first causing me to reset my computer which was more than capable of allocating the space to update and not being able to change settings in disk management options are greyed out while on administrator I find myself...
  7. windows cannot access \\computername

windows cannot access \\computername: I've spent days trying to get this working. I've 2 computer one brand new that I want to access their drives from each other. They are connected by ethernet cables to the router. [ATTACH] This is from COMPROOM. I can access its shared folders but not EMMASROOM and vice...
  8. Windows 10 - Can't access \\computername but can access \\computername\share

Windows 10 - Can't access \\computername but can access \\computername\share: Hello, Since these latest updates/patches came out yesterday, I can no longer access shared folders on \\computername. However, I can access them with \\computer\share. I get the message "You do not have permission to access \\computername. Contact your network...
  9. Windows cannot access \\ComputerName but can access \\ComputerName\Share

Windows cannot access \\ComputerName but can access \\ComputerName\Share: I have one Windows 10 professional machine that I cannot access using \\hostname only anywhere on my network. I am receiving the message, "Windows cannot access \\HostName\". I can access \\HostName\share when typing it in direct. Things I have tried I have turned off...
  10. How do you get to disk management?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get to disk management?: I just installed Win 10. First impression is that I'm not impressed with the new design. I think mobile devices are ruining the internet. How do I get to disk management? Is it similar to Win 7? Also, how do I get to Services and Event Viewer? 27923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logical disk manager you do not have access rights to

2. how to access right to logical disk management desktop in cmd

3. you do not have access right to logical disk

4. you dont have access rights to logical disk managerچیست,
  5. why show you do not have access right to logical disk manager in windows 10,
  6. you do not have access rights to logical disk,
  7. windows 2019 You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on,
  8. 2016 server manager you dont have access rights to logical disk manager,
  9. logical disk manager gone,
  10. you do not have access right to logical disk manager on server,
  11. you do not have access right disk manager#,
  12. You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager ,
  13. you do not have right to logical disk manager