Windows 10: You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to...

Discus and support You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the owner of the 2 computers on my network and I don't know how to give the access. I can access the files from computer 1 on computer 2 but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobWrightOntario, Aug 7, 2019.

1. You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to...

I am the owner of the 2 computers on my network and I don't know how to give the access. I can access the files from computer 1 on computer 2 but I can't access files from computer 2 on computer 1. Please help

:)

BobWrightOntario, Aug 7, 2019
  2. PKoncz Win User

1803 Windows cannot access, Do not have permission to access \\name.

First of all Thank you Eagle51 !
    Following up on your 2 suggestions. Go with the easy one first, #2. I created a new Test Folder weeks ago and set sharing to EVERYONE with no success but I have included the picture. #1.The Credentials Manager and everything that has to do with that is all new to me so I did not “Just Delete the one on the Server” It says it was Modified last year? We have not had any sharing issues until recently. I’m guessing removing it will allow everyone to access the Server? I have a picture of Server that says it was created on 8/2/2017 with a name associated TERMSRV/BRIDGET-HP. This computer was renamed by the business mgr to Susan-PC, on July 12, 2018. Not being familiar with Credentials area is completely confusing me. Most computers have No Windows Credentials listed, picture ParishSec, and were able to access the Server from File Explorer. The one computer that still can access the Server is Businessmgr-pc that does have Credentials listed for SSJP-SERVER, picture is attached.
    Looking forward to hear your recommendations on how all these computers should be set so I can access the Server from all of the computer’s File Explorer? Hope you had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend.

You do not have permission to access \PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to... [​IMG]

You do not have permission to access \PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to... [​IMG]

PKoncz, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to...

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to...

1. You do not have permission to access \\PC-Name\C: Contact your network admistrator to... - Similar Threads - permission access NameC

2. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: FYI, I have discovered why the error in the thread title may persist no matter what you try. If you have multiple share connections to a single computer you may have somehow gotten differing credentials between some of the shares. Having multiple credentials to access shares...
  3. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: FYI, I have discovered why the error in the thread title may persist no matter what you try. If you have multiple share connections to a single computer you may have somehow gotten differing credentials between some of the shares. Having multiple credentials to access shares...
  4. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  6. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  7. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

8. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I found this post "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455dI have two desktop...
  9. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: Hi AllHas there been any solution to this problem.I have two Dell computers both running Windows 10 Home, on a TP-Link Deco Mesh network. I have set up all the network sharing permissions. Both computers are visible in the Network tab in File explorer but when I try to access...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double click onto the...