Windows 10: You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

Discus and support You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jgt, Jan 16, 2022.

1. JGT
    jgt Win User

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455d" and tried the suggested solution several times to ensure I did not miss a step which did not work for me.I have two PCs Shelia-PC and Taylor-PC in a local wired network, both are in the WORKGROUP, both are running Windows 10

:)

2. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access

***Modify title from: Permissions***

Hello,

I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double
    click onto the file server name (Server) I receive the below error:

you do not have permission to access \\Server Contact your network administrator to request access

Please advise!

DonnaWhite95, Jan 16, 2022
  3. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access

I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double
    click onto the file server name (Server) I receive the below error:

you do not have permission to access \\Server Contact your network administrator to request access

Please advise!

IsaacListon, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

Error: You do not have permissions to access \\ PC name while trying to access and Excel file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that when you try to access an Excel file, you get an error. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below to help you further with the issue:

• Does this issue occur while accessing any other file?
    • Is the computer connected to a Domain/organizational network?
    • Which build version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

We would suggest you to try accessing the shared folder using the path and see if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type \\shared folder path and click on
      OK.

However, you may try providing permissions to the folder where the files are saved and see if you are able to access the files. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location on the PC through which the files are shared.
    2. Right click on the folder and select Properties.
    3. Click on Sharing tab, and click on
      Advanced Sharing.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Share this folder.
    5. Click on Permissions, select the check box for
      Allow Full Control.
    6. Click on OK (Twice).

Refer screenshot below:

You do not have permission to access \PC_NAME contact your network administrator to... 55e181c6-18fd-4f03-8586-88bcabb1de03?upload=true.png

If an IT Administrator manages the folder, then you may have to get in touch with the administrator to reset or grant permissions to access the file.

You may also refer the suggestions provided by Roohi_Taj replied on November 28, 2018 in the thread

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to... - Similar Threads - permission access PC_NAME

2. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I know this question has already been asked here, but no solution in that thread helped.In fact, here is a comprehensive list of all the forum posts I have gone through and attempted every fix in, without...
  3. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: FYI, I have discovered why the error in the thread title may persist no matter what you try. If you have multiple share connections to a single computer you may have somehow gotten differing credentials between some of the shares. Having multiple credentials to access shares...
  4. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: FYI, I have discovered why the error in the thread title may persist no matter what you try. If you have multiple share connections to a single computer you may have somehow gotten differing credentials between some of the shares. Having multiple credentials to access shares...
  5. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  7. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I found this post "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455dI have two desktop...
  8. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I found this post "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455dI have two desktop...
  9. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double click onto the...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: ***Modify title from: Permissions*** Hello, I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I...