You do not have permission to save in this location

Discus and support You do not have permission to save in this location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phillipgordon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. phillipgordon Win User

Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the administrator for permission?? can somebody help me out with this?? thank you..*Sad

:)

phillipgordon, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Taffy087 Win User

"You don't have permission to save in this location" when trying to save to Microsoft Works

thanks for this.

Taffy087, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Jsssssssss Win User
    "You don't have permission to save in this location" when trying to save to Microsoft Works

> how do I find the answers to my questions?

Clicking on your blue profile name

gee-jay1

brings you to your profile page where all of your threads are listed.

More info (slightly outdated) here:
    FAQ

Jsssssssss, Aug 3, 2015
  4. letmein Win User

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  5. phillipgordon Win User
    phillipgordon, Aug 3, 2015
  6. letmein Win User
    I didn't do anything but direct you to the answer, but your welcome. *Thumbs

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  7. akareload Win User
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Repeat with all of the problematic folders.

akareload, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Jhancoc Win User

Jhancoc, Aug 31, 2015
  9. RDH
    RDH Win User

Thema:

1. You do not have permission to save in this location - Similar Threads - permission save location

2. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....
  3. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  4. I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....: I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one. But when I try to add the card to the History Backup Files, I get an error. Is there something in Windows that does not allow backing up of the SD card or folders on that card?...
  5. Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design: Hey guys! Just want to share a 3D model design i made today. I'm trying to see how far i can take 3D builder. I also have the "casting" for the designs on on the table edges and feet. Took me about an hour to make this since i wasn't sure where i was going with it but now i...
  6. Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...: I shut down my laptop last night, get the dreaded black screen, and the little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN, really. Why is this still a problem, and like someone else posted... Why can we not opt out of updates...
  7. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  8. after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection: after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/after-installing-the-april-2018-update-i-have-no/e95eb368-1107-4baa-b079-2152046934cb
  9. I need to have all documents I scan go to Word and not OneDrive. Help please.

I need to have all documents I scan go to Word and not OneDrive. Help please.: I need scanned document to go to Word and not OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-need-to-have-all-documents-i-scan-go-to-word-and/0ae7b9c7-0683-4ce7-8ad6-c30ebe7e599e
  10. why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10: why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-the-brightness-dim-when-i-unplug-my/5dd8b3f2-997c-47d0-a067-7c6add0df685