You do not have permission to save in this location

Discus and support You do not have permission to save in this location in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phillipgordon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. phillipgordon Win User

Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the administrator for permission?? can somebody help me out with this?? thank you..*Sad

:)

phillipgordon, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Taffy087 Win User

"You don't have permission to save in this location" when trying to save to Microsoft Works

thanks for this.

Taffy087, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Jsssssssss Win User
    "You don't have permission to save in this location" when trying to save to Microsoft Works

> how do I find the answers to my questions?

Clicking on your blue profile name

gee-jay1

brings you to your profile page where all of your threads are listed.

More info (slightly outdated) here:
    FAQ

Jsssssssss, Aug 3, 2015
  4. letmein Win User

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  5. phillipgordon Win User
    phillipgordon, Aug 3, 2015
  6. letmein Win User
    I didn't do anything but direct you to the answer, but your welcome. *Thumbs

letmein, Aug 3, 2015
  7. akareload Win User
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Repeat with all of the problematic folders.

akareload, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Jhancoc Win User

Jhancoc, Sep 1, 2015
  9. RDH
    RDH Win User

Thema:

You do not have permission to save in this location - Similar Threads - permission save location

1. "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid": I'm trying to prevent a pesky program from running by revoking it's permissions, but I can't because whenever I disable inheritance on it (whether by converting inherited permissions to explicit permissions or just removing the permissions altogether) I get this error:...
  2. I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files: As you probably read int he title, I need help because I can't delete, alter, or save certain files. I don't know why this is happening, but it's really annoying. I looked this up and only found a temporary solution that's a pain to do for EVERY SINGLE FILE that has this...
  3. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  4. "You don't have permission to save in this location"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You don't have permission to save in this location": I installed a photo editing program program (DxO Filmpack 3) which I had previously used successfully on a different computer that also runs Windows 10. But on my new computer, whenever I try to save a photo to a folder on my Desktop using the program, I get the following...
  5. Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here": I started this thread because I could not find the original one with this issue. I was having this issue as well as many others. I would try to save a file either with a program or browser and would get a pop up saying I didn't have permission to do so. After searching for an...
  6. You dont have permission to save to this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You dont have permission to save to this location: "You don't have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrators to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?" This message randomly pops up when I am trying to save something to the desktop, like a newly created .txt file or...
  7. Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....: I've just installed Windows 10. Now I find I am unable to save documents. A pop up window says contact the administrator for permission. It is a private pc and I am the main user and administrator. I've seen lots of posts on other forums for exactly the same problem and...
You do not have permission to save in this location solved