Windows 10: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

Discus and support "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to edit a .exe file, however, when I try to do so, a "You don't have permission to open this file." error appears. When I try to fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iBlockAce, Jan 28, 2021.

1. iBlockAce Win User

"You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

I am trying to edit a .exe file, however, when I try to do so, a "You don't have permission to open this file." error appears. When I try to fix this by going into Properties>Security>Advanced and try to change settings, I receive a "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." error. I am the only user on the computer, and I can't find any answers online. Does anyone know a solution? Thanks!

:)

iBlockAce, Jan 28, 2021

2. you don't have permission to view and edit this object permission setting..

I Need help to solve this problem ,I face this problem before two days and i am trying all the solution which is available online .My Laptop two directories are not accessible ,when i click on directory to access the information it's shows the Message :"Location
    is not available" .

AND

when i want to change the permission setting of this object(Directory D) it's show this message :"you don't have permission to view and edit this object permission setting". Anyone plzzz give me the best solution .

"You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." eb4f0aee-718a-4736-a911-0ec68632f764?upload=true.png

"You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." b40d18fe-da43-4856-8078-abf151f6ef83?upload=true.png

TabassumSaifi, Jan 28, 2021
  3. KTM21 Win User
    "Unable to display current owner", "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings"

Hi,

I downloaded an installer for a youtube downloader and I'm not sure why this problem occurred. Basically I wan't to delete the file but when I try to I get, "You need permission to perform this action". When I try to change the owner I get, "You do not have
    permission to view or edit this object's permission settings". What do I have to do to be able to delete this file?

Thanks

KTM21, Jan 28, 2021
  4. MaxK_476 Win User

Unable to view or edit object's permission settings, even when going into the advanced settings

Hello everyone, I have had many difficulties today with attempting to access a file and change the permissions, and it has seem to have caused a great deal of issues for me, of which, when I try to enter a file of steam temp, it tells me I don't have read
    permissions to view the properties of this object. So, I can click advanced, of which I do, but then I don't have read permissions to view the properties of that object either. And it also says that I am unable to display the owner of which I decide to change
    and I still DON'T have the permission to view or edit this object's permission settings. All that I feel is that I am in a circle that never ends, please help. Thanks if you do.

PATH = OS (C"You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." :)>Program Files (86x)>Steam>temp>107410 (that's where I am not given the permission to open it and the whole problem thing starts)

P.S. I rebooted the computer to put it back in a time where the problem didn't persist, but now it's screwing me over again. Or it could be apart of the massive ARMA update which is a big problem in all.

MaxK_476, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." - Similar Threads - permission view edit

2. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  3. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  4. You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...: HiI am the domain administrator.I have a folder and I cannot access this. When I try to access this it gives me the below error:"You do not currently have permission to access this folder"When I click the 'continue' button and go to 'security tab', I can see the below...
  5. You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...: HiI am the domain administrator.I have a folder and I cannot access this. When I try to access this it gives me the below error:"You do not currently have permission to access this folder"When I click the 'continue' button and go to 'security tab', I can see the below...
  6. You do not have permission to view this object's security properties.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to view this object's security properties.: Hi, so im trying to delete a folder on an ssd that does not have windows installed on it windows 10 is installed on another drive. the folder was created when i installed the Technic Launcher for Minecraft. the folder is oauth. im trying to reinstall the program but the...
  7. You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings

You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings: I am trying to access a file in order to change its name. Unfortunately, I apparently "don't have permission" to. Here is what I have tried so far: Using CMD prompt and icacls, granting me full control and setting me as owner access denied. Using CMD prompt and icacls, do...
  8. Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...: There is a folder on my company's share drive that, even with administrator access (assistant IT Admin), I cannot view nor edit the permission settings of a specific folder. I can see the settings and change permission with every folder in the main directory where this...
  9. You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...

in Windows 10 News
    You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ideally, an Administrator should have permission to access all files and folders on a system. However, at times, when accessing security settings or attempting to view the properties of a file, Windows administrator users have reported seeing the error –...
  10. You do not have permission to view this object's securuty properties, even as an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You do not have permission to view this object's securuty properties, even as an...: A long time ago I encrypted my files on my External disc with BitLocker. After, I reinstall my Windows OS several times, probably from where this problem appears. Can you inform me how to take ownership of the object, permissions, and data from my External disc? Is there a...