Windows 10: You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...

Discus and support You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ideally, an Administrator should have permission to access all files and folders on a system. However, at times, when accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...

WinClub, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Nooriener Win User

"You must have Read Permission to view the properties of this object". error message on accessing files on Windows 10.

I unintentionally removed the users and i got the error message on accessing the file. I tried

one of the questions posted on here
    and none of the suggestions on that thread seemed to work. And I nearly lost my mind. Until I decided to give it another try and found

another website
    and followed to instructions on there.

To sum up all I had to do to fix the problem

• Right click the folder and go to the Properties window
    • Go to the Security tab on the Properties Window
    • Click Advanced
    • Go to Change
    • Type in my Windows Username

(If you have trouble finding it by typing in follow these steps

1. Click on Advanced

2. Go to Find Now

3. Find the User in the Search results:

4. Click OK)
    • Click OK
    • Check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
    • Click Apply
    • Click Yes
    • Click OK
    • And Click OK on the Advanced Security Settings window as well
    • Click Advanced again
    • Click Change Permissions
    • Click on Enable inheritance

To add a new object :

• Click on Select a principal
    • Follow Step 5 and 6 in the instructions above.
    • Go to Show advanced permissions to enable more permissions
    • Click OK

Nooriener, Mar 3, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 3, 2019
  4. You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...

Access is denied (Cant edit, delete or even view security properties of folder)

I have one folder on my C: drive that when I try open I get the error message "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout New Vegas\Data is not accessible. Access is denied."

Looking online, many people say to edit the security properties, but when I right click the Data folder, go to security it says "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click advanced to continue."

So then I click advanced. I get hit with "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions." (The Owner also says "Unable to display current owner") Pressing continue
    or trying to change the owner gets the same result, "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

Help :/

WillTurner1, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an...

1. You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as an... - Similar Threads - permission view object’s

2. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  3. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  4. You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...: HiI am the domain administrator.I have a folder and I cannot access this. When I try to access this it gives me the below error:"You do not currently have permission to access this folder"When I click the 'continue' button and go to 'security tab', I can see the below...
  5. You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...

You do not have Permission to View this Object’s Security Properties in Windows Server 2012...: HiI am the domain administrator.I have a folder and I cannot access this. When I try to access this it gives me the below error:"You do not currently have permission to access this folder"When I click the 'continue' button and go to 'security tab', I can see the below...
  6. Don’t Have Permission to View Object’s Security Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don’t Have Permission to View Object’s Security Properties: Hi,I accidently removed system's ownership of drive D:\ it is on the same SSD as C drive, now I can't revert it back or access to my data.What I've tried:- In drive D's properties -> Security -> Advanced, in Owner field: "Unable to display current owner", In permission tab:...
  7. Don’t Have Permission to View Object’s Security Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don’t Have Permission to View Object’s Security Properties: Hi,I accidently removed system's ownership of drive D:\ it is on the same SSD as C drive, now I can't revert it back or access to my data.What I've tried:- In drive D's properties -> Security -> Advanced, in Owner field: "Unable to display current owner", In permission tab:...
  8. Don’t Have Permission to View Object’s Security Properties

9. You do not have permission to view this object's security properties.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to view this object's security properties.: Hi, so im trying to delete a folder on an ssd that does not have windows installed on it windows 10 is installed on another drive. the folder was created when i installed the Technic Launcher for Minecraft. the folder is oauth. im trying to reinstall the program but the...
  10. You do not have permission to view this object's securuty properties, even as an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You do not have permission to view this object's securuty properties, even as an...: A long time ago I encrypted my files on my External disc with BitLocker. After, I reinstall my Windows OS several times, probably from where this problem appears. Can you inform me how to take ownership of the object, permissions, and data from my External disc? Is there a...