Windows 10: "You don't have permission to access this folder"

Discus and support "You don't have permission to access this folder" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnEstrada1121, May 14, 2020.

1. "You don't have permission to access this folder"

I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this.

Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up.

I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed.

I'm sick and tired of it. I need to transfer files. someone help pls

:)

johnEstrada1121, May 14, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

You don't have permissions to save in this folder

Which folder are you trying to save to?

If you aren't using the true administrator there will be certainly places you can't save to, or even access unless you manually change the security permissions to allow yourself access.

newtekie1, May 14, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    how an administrator can give permission to access folders

Hi John,

To provide user/s an access to folders, see the steps below on how to do so:

• Right-click on the folder > Security.
    • Under the Group or user names option, click on the username that you want to have an access to the folder; then, click on Edit.
    • It will show you the page of permissions which you can allow or deny.
    • Choose your desired permissions and click on OK.

Let us know what happens after following the steps given.

John Sarc, May 14, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

"You don't have permission to access this folder"

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 14, 2020
Thema:

"You don't have permission to access this folder"

1. "You don't have permission to access this folder" - Similar Threads - don't permission access

2. You don't currently have permission to access this folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder.: Can't open folder A message appears as shown in the picture. Tried to find a way and came to pictures 3 and 4. It's not like other people at all....
  3. You don't currently have permission to access this folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder.: Hello! Please help me. I can't open any file in my Local D:\ It says You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Interesting enough. I only have one account and It is adminisator....
  4. You don't currently have permission to access this folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder.: Hello! Please help me. I can't open any file in my Local D:\ It says You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Interesting enough. I only have one account and It is adminisator....
  5. You don't currently have permission to access this folder.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You don't currently have permission to access this folder": [ATTACH] I almost had a breakdown trying to figure out why I couldn't have access to my files on my external HDD (WD Elements). I still don't know what was the reason for losing access but I figured out how to gain it back, kinda.I had to change the owner of the Drive to...
  7. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't currently have permission to access this folder": Hi there, I just recently bought a new pc and it has an SSD as the main drive for windows and I also have a secondary 1tb drive that I have been installing other large applications such as games and other software on. Somehow along the way a folder titled "Windows Apps" got...
  8. You don't currently have permission to access this folder.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder.: OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 [ATTACH] The folder enable folder sharing, and I can read it at the network drive. However, my administrator account lost the folder access rightYou don't currently have permission to access this folder. How to access the folder and get the...
  9. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You don't currently have permission to access this folder.": I changed my SSD a couple of months and recently realized that I needed a file from my old SSD, but every time I try to access the folder. I get this error: https://i.imgur.com/x0kJnP8.png I googled the issue and followed all the steps on this page:...
  10. you don't currently have permission to access this folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    you don't currently have permission to access this folder: The popup tells me this. Then it says click continue to get access to this folder. So I click continue. Then it says you have been denied access to this folder. Seriously. Then it takes me to this other screen and I don't know what to pick to get access to that folder....