Windows 10: You dont have permission to open the folder?

Discus and support You dont have permission to open the folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.I have a question? I tried to open a folder and it showed me you dont have permission to open the folder. I checked the properties of the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Filip_143, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Filip_143 Win User

You dont have permission to open the folder?

Hello.I have a question? I tried to open a folder and it showed me you dont have permission to open the folder. I checked the properties of the folder and it was stated that it is 0kb size. My question is did i get 0kb size because i didnt have access to the folder or it is the actual size of the folder?

:)

Filip_143, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Tekware Win User

You dont have permission to save in this location...

This is a process but it worked for me:
    You can follow these steps for one folder or go here to make sure your folder is shared with Everyone
    1.Right click on the folder that you can't access and click share with >specific people
    2. Click add and then enter Everyone for a user name
    3. Click read permissions where it says read to read/write
    4. Click share, click done

1. Right click properties on the folder you can't access
    2. Click advanced.
    3. Click change owner
    4. Type Everyone for the owner and select owner reset to full control.
    5. close properties
    6. Then click on the save file box and choose the default folder you want to save to in the open dialog box.
    With a new owner with full control of everything and sharing it should work if you followed this completely. Worked for me. *Shock

Tekware, Jul 30, 2020
  3. "Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file location."

Hello Robin,

We regret the inconvenience. let me assist you.

I suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the user account you are referring to has administrative rights.

Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz. The following window lists all the existing user accounts along with the designated privileges.

You can make changes to the user accounts (including editing permissions).

Note: You will need to have admin permissions to perform editing of user profiles.

Also suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Steps relevant for Windows 8 also applies to Windows 10)

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 30, 2020
  4. You dont have permission to open the folder?

You don't have permission to open this file.

Hi Jon,

How long have you been experiencing issues opening files?

We recommend trying the steps provided by hartml69 on this
    forum post
    to see if we could get the issue you're experiencing working.

Please provide us an update.

Jericho Lap, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

You dont have permission to open the folder?

1. You dont have permission to open the folder? - Similar Threads - dont permission open

2. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  3. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  4. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dont have permission to delete folder

Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  6. Dont have permission to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  7. Dont have permission to delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. don't have permission to open folder

don't have permission to open folder: I am logged in as administrator. How can o gain access tio this folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-open-folder/16f52966-519c-48b9-a5fa-bb4418afaf31"
  9. ''you dont currently have permission to access this folder''

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ''you dont currently have permission to access this folder'': I have seen some advice re open the security tab on the usb which access to is being denied. Unfortunately there is no security tab on the usb. ca you help please. Regards michael...
  10. You dont have permission to save to this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You dont have permission to save to this location: "You don't have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrators to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?" This message randomly pops up when I am trying to save something to the desktop, like a newly created .txt file or...