Windows 10: You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer

Discus and support You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you receive an error message which prevents you from shutting down or restarting your Windows PC or laptop, then you need to apply a […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 8, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer

WinClub, Feb 8, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer :confused:*Mad You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Feb 8, 2020
  3. tzitzibp Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

Don´t let people going on speculating.... list your specs and follow the suggestions in this tread, about the "Event Viewer".... and be sure you´ll get the help you need....

Otherwise you will just get more and more confused.*Bang Head :banghead:

tzitzibp, Feb 8, 2020
  4. You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer

1. You don’t have permission to shut down and restart this computer - Similar Threads - don’t permission shut

2. You don’t have permission to mount the file [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    You don’t have permission to mount the file [Fix]: [ATTACH]If you don’t have permission error troubles you when mounting an ISO image, then this post may help. The complete error message reads: Couldn’t Mount File, You don’t have permission to mount the file. Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix it. Why...
  3. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  4. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  5. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. "You don’t have permission to save in this location" on Surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You don’t have permission to save in this location" on Surface: When I try to save files via certain apps, I get an error saying I can't save it there and asking whether I'd like to save it in Documents instead but get same error there. This issue is happening on my Microsoft Surface 4 running Windows 11, but does not happen in the same...
  7. "You don’t have permission to save in this location" on Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You don’t have permission to save in this location" on Surface: When I try to save files via certain apps, I get an error saying I can't save it there and asking whether I'd like to save it in Documents instead but get same error there. This issue is happening on my Microsoft Surface 4 running Windows 11, but does not happen in the same...
  8. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  9. You don’t have permission to save in this location ERROR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You don’t have permission to save in this location ERROR: Hi team, Good day! Just last night, I have completely formatted my laptop. It was Windows 10 at first, and when I was prompted, I toggled "Yes" when asked if I would like to download and re-install Windows. Now, the problem is when I opened my computer again and was going...
  10. while shutting down the computer restarts

while shutting down the computer restarts: after upgrading windows from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, I am getting the below message in blue screen and the computer restarts of its own. "your pc ran in to a problem and needs to restart. we just collected some error info, and then we will restart for you. if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you dont have permission to shut down and restart this computer 2020

2. you dont have permission to shut down and restart this computer

3. You dont have permission to shut down this computer

4. windows 10 permission to shut down and restart this computer,
  5. You dont have permission to shut down this computer windows 2012 seevee,
  6. windows 10 you dont have permission to shut down,
  7. you dont have permission to shut down or restart computer,
  8. i dont have permission to shut down my laptop,
  9. you dont have permissin to shutdown error,
  10. you dont have permission to shut down,
  11. you dont have permission to shutdown and restart this computer,