Windows 10: You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB

Discus and support You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you have a HP PC, you can solve this problem by setting the Device Access Manager to full access to your usb devices. To do that go to HP Client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulSchutz, Dec 11, 2018.

1. You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB

If you have a HP PC, you can solve this problem by setting the Device Access Manager to full access to your usb devices.

To do that go to HP Client Security. On the Dashboard go to Device Security and change your access settings.

:)

PaulSchutz, Dec 11, 2018
  2. MilanVZA Win User

"You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB

Hello,

I have a problem with opening a USB. I get the message: "You have been denied acces to this folder". When i open the properties, there is no security tab. On other drives, i do have the security tab. Things i tried:

-enabling security tab via gpedit.msc

-turn on/off UAC

-format the USB

I work on a windows 10 Home edition

Any help appreciated!

Milan

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

MilanVZA, Dec 11, 2018
  3. "You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB

Hello Milan,

The missing Security tab might be due to the account type of the user account that you're using. That being said, can you tell us if you're signed in as the administrator?

If you're still having issues with accessing your USB storage device even after signing in as the administrator, it might already be due to a corrupted user account. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer
    the following:

• What is the make and model of your USB storage device?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue with other USB storage devices?

In the meantime, we advise creating a new administrator account and see if you can access the USB storage device. Name the new user account as
    "test" for distinction and see if the Security tab is present. Follow the steps outlined in this

article
    on how to create a new administrator account in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Devlin Sco, Dec 11, 2018
  4. ES_2017 Win User

You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB

USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10

I tried to access files from an usb flash drive and got access denied pop up, click continue & was asked to set the permission in security tab, except there is no security tab on the next popup.

My AutoPlay setting is Ask me every time.

The device shows up as Z drive under Windows Explorer but G under Device manager.

The event for the drive was device not migrated

This is the link I found that solved the problem couple years back but the menu items are different nowadays

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Rea

I think the problem is on permission or some sort of security restriction because

1. The drive works on other machines & has no virus.

2. I tried to Takeown on the drive but it won't take the command on a whole drive. And I tried to add Take ownership on the context menu, still didn't make any difference.

3. Also turned off Windows Defender but didn't seem to matter.

This link didn't resolve the issue but I tried it anyway.

Access denied to USB files - Windows 10

ES_2017, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB

1. You have been denied access to this folder" + no security tab on particular USB - Similar Threads - been denied access

2. “You do not have permission to access this folder” and no security tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “You do not have permission to access this folder” and no security tab: Hello, I made a copy of my F drive and accidentally kept both the old one and the copy when I wiped my PC. Now I don’t have access to that drive on my local administrator account, I’ve looked in properties to go that route based one everything I’m finding online however there...
  3. “You do not have permission to access this folder” and no security tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “You do not have permission to access this folder” and no security tab: Hello, I made a copy of my F drive and accidentally kept both the old one and the copy when I wiped my PC. Now I don’t have access to that drive on my local administrator account, I’ve looked in properties to go that route based one everything I’m finding online however there...
  4. You have been denied permission to access this folder ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You have been denied permission to access this folder ????: so yeah im trying to access a hidden folder and i dont have access. im the only account plus administator on the pc.. what is going on???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-been-denied-permission-to-access-this/5bc133bb-0c9a-4f0c-92e7-6a2eec078d5b
  5. You have been denied permission to access this folder ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You have been denied permission to access this folder ????: so yeah im trying to access a hidden folder and i dont have access. im the only account plus administator on the pc.. what is going on???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-been-denied-permission-to-access-this/5bc133bb-0c9a-4f0c-92e7-6a2eec078d5b
  6. You have been denied permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You have been denied permission to access this folder: Sometimes, when you try to open a System Protected folder in File Explorer, you may encounter an error saying “You have been denied permission to access this folder, To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab”. [ATTACH] Looking at the statement...
  7. You have been denied permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You have been denied permission to access this folder: Hello! Thank your for taking the time to read. I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10 after having a computer hardware failure and replaced the hard drive. Now back and running. However I ran into a a few issues since, but the one that I need help with at this moment...
  8. You have been denied permission to access this folder

You have been denied permission to access this folder: Hello! Thank your for taking the time to read. I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10 after having a computer hardware failure and replaced the hard drive. Now back and running. However I ran into a a few issues since, but the one that I need help with at this moment...
  9. USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10

USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10: I have a thumb drive, that I've been using for the past few years, to archive pictures. Today, I wanted to add another picture--but to my surprise, I'm hit with the "You don't have permissions..." message. Why? And why can't I resolve this? I tried assigning EVERYONE,...
  10. “You have been denied permission to access this folder”

“You have been denied permission to access this folder”: why am i getting this? I been looking all over the internet on how to fix this and found some thing about a security tab but i dont see a security tab....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you have been denied access folder security tab

2. you have been denied access usv

3. folder access denied no security tab

4. you have been denied permission access folder on usb,
  5. you have been denied permission access folder security tab missing,
  6. you have been denied access security tab