Windows 10: “You have been denied permission to access this folder”

Discus and support “You have been denied permission to access this folder” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why am i getting this? I been looking all over the internet on how to fix this and found some thing about a security tab but i dont see a security tab.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luisArredondo2, Aug 24, 2019.

1. “You have been denied permission to access this folder”

why am i getting this? I been looking all over the internet on how to fix this and found some thing about a security tab but i dont see a security tab.

:)

luisArredondo2, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    You do not have permission to access \\PC123

Hello YvesB,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Step 1: As you have mentioned, that you are unable to access few particular folders, I would suggest you to go ahead and give permissions to that particular folder which is giving you access denied error. Maybe you are getting
    access denied error due to permission settings. Once when the file or a folder has a permission, you will be able to access it within the Network.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the article which talks about -
    Access Denied or other errors when you access or work
    with files and folders in Windows.

Access Denied or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 24, 2019
  4. “You have been denied permission to access this folder”

Windows reports "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Does this happen only with a specific folder/file location?

This problem results when an administrator, the owner of the file or folder, or a user with the Change Permissions permission for a file or Full Control permission for a folder, changes the access control list (ACL) on the file or folder. Some of the
    changes that could deny a user access to a file or folder they should be able to access include:

• The user or group was unintentionally removed from Group or User names on the file's or folder's Security tab.

• An explicit Deny has mistakenly been applied to the user or group.

• A conflict between share permissions and NTFS permissions was created when someone changes permissions without examining both types of permissions.

Method 1:

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

a) Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.

b) Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.

c) Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.

d) Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.

e) Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select
    ‘Full control’ and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Try the steps for Windows 8 as it is applicable to Windows 10 as well.)

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

“You have been denied permission to access this folder”

1. “You have been denied permission to access this folder” - Similar Threads - “You been denied

2. HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...: I can't access certain system & windows folder files despite being the administrator and the only user on the computer.Some folders I can't delete it or even open it, or even edit it's properties. It says: "You don't currently have permissions to access this folder"When I...
  3. HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...: I can't access certain system & windows folder files despite being the administrator and the only user on the computer.Some folders I can't delete it or even open it, or even edit it's properties. It says: "You don't currently have permissions to access this folder"When I...
  4. HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You have been denied permission to access this folder ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You have been denied permission to access this folder ????: so yeah im trying to access a hidden folder and i dont have access. im the only account plus administator on the pc.. what is going on???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-been-denied-permission-to-access-this/5bc133bb-0c9a-4f0c-92e7-6a2eec078d5b
  6. You have been denied permission to access this folder ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You have been denied permission to access this folder ????: so yeah im trying to access a hidden folder and i dont have access. im the only account plus administator on the pc.. what is going on???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-been-denied-permission-to-access-this/5bc133bb-0c9a-4f0c-92e7-6a2eec078d5b
  7. You have been denied permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You have been denied permission to access this folder: Sometimes, when you try to open a System Protected folder in File Explorer, you may encounter an error saying “You have been denied permission to access this folder, To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab”. [ATTACH] Looking at the statement...
  8. You have been denied permission to access this folder

You have been denied permission to access this folder: Hello! Thank your for taking the time to read. I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10 after having a computer hardware failure and replaced the hard drive. Now back and running. However I ran into a a few issues since, but the one that I need help with at this moment...
  9. You have been denied permission to access this folder

You have been denied permission to access this folder: Hello! Thank your for taking the time to read. I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10 after having a computer hardware failure and replaced the hard drive. Now back and running. However I ran into a a few issues since, but the one that I need help with at this moment...
  10. Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.: ERROR MESSAGEAccess Denied You don't have permission to access "Steam Community :: Error" on this server.Reference #18.b1f31502.1439008845.47ab9a03 Hello there, I use steam. So basically what's happening is that sometimes, randomly I get this error message because of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you have been denied acess to this folder