Windows 10: You may not have the appropriate permissions.

Discus and support You may not have the appropriate permissions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, windows just updated and now I can't open any Microsoft files. This ripped a ringer in my college classes. So now that I've missed a bit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G.M 386, Sep 28, 2020.

1. G.M 386 Win User

You may not have the appropriate permissions.

So, windows just updated and now I can't open any Microsoft files. This ripped a ringer in my college classes. So now that I've missed a bit of assignments searching through forums and trying every possible thing. Here I am, between a rock and a hard place.

:)

G.M 386, Sep 28, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

4. You may not have the appropriate permissions.

Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

You may not have the appropriate permissions.

1. You may not have the appropriate permissions. - Similar Threads - may appropriate permissions

2. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file, you may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file, you may not have the appropriate...: Windows cannot access the specified device path or file, you may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.The path is c:\program files\ windosapp\ microsoftwindowsnotepad.........
  3. "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...: Whenever I try to open an image, video, song, et cetera that uses a Microsoft application like Microsoft media player, Microsoft photos, and so on causes this error: "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  4. "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...: Whenever I try to open an image, video, song, et cetera that uses a Microsoft application like Microsoft media player, Microsoft photos, and so on causes this error: "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  5. "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Error in Explorer.exe You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Explorer.exe You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item: Hello ,Please help me how to fix this [Original Title: Explorer.exe] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-explorerexe-you-may-not-have-the/e16b41bc-e685-40d7-8b87-560f1f5d6090
  7. "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate...: I've done some research on this issue and I've literally found nothing that shows this exact problem. Everyone program that has a button that would normally open my browser to some kind of link, doesn't open. SOMETIMES, after showing me the error and pressing "ok", opens...
  8. "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...: "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I don't know why this error keeps popping up or how I got it in the first place but it's starting to get annoying now. I've tried looking online for...
  9. you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file: when i turned my pc on it showed a blue screen and and started automatic repair finnally it booted into windows but my start menu, tool bar, action center didn't work i tried sfc/scannow command it didn't work i tried DSIM command and tried sfc/scannow they succeded but my...
  10. 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate...: So recently I have been having a problem with 1 particular file in which I get the error 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' This file is PathOfExile.exe file for the game. Whenever I...