Windows 10: You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results

Discus and support You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released a new Insider Preview build for Windows 11's Canary channel yesterday that introduces a new option to install Windows apps or games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 31, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results

Microsoft released a new Insider Preview build for Windows 11's Canary channel yesterday that introduces a new option to install Windows apps or games directly from Windows Search results.

The Canary Channel was introduced by Microsoft recently to better separate development. It includes changes that may take a while before they appear in other development or stable versions of the Windows 11 operating system.

Microsoft posts release notes for new Canary Channel builds only when new features are introduced. This is the case for build 25330, which includes several new features, such as a new wheel device settings page to configure behavior.

Windows apps installation from Windows Search results

You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results [​IMG]

The big new feature of the Windows 11 build is the integration of Microsoft Store apps and games installations directly from Windows Search.

Microsoft has this to say about the feature in the release notes: "Install free apps and games from search results: We’ve introduced a new way to install free apps and games. Hovering over a free product on the search results page opens a new expanded card experience, where you can find a convenient install button. This will trigger the installation without having to navigate into the product page."

The feature is available for free apps and games only, according to Microsoft. When Windows 11 search returns a matching app or game, users may use an install button to install it directly from Search. Previously, users clicked on the result, which took them to the Microsoft Store. There, they needed to activate the install button to install the app or game on the device.

You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results microsoft-store-apps-search.png
    The current Windows Search output

The new option improves the convenience of installing Microsoft Store apps and games, and it may help increase downloads for Store apps and games.

The search result lists just a few information about listed applications. It is unclear, if Microsoft is limiting the option to highly rated and popular apps, or if it is not filtering the option. Current search listings do not provide many information about applications and games. The new card that is displayed on hover displays additional information, but it still does not display all information about an app or game.

Microsoft integrated two additional Microsoft Store changes to the newly released Windows 11 build. The first introduces a new purchase design when buying apps or games in the Store. Microsoft notes that the new style aligns "better with Windows 11", but it is a purely cosmetic change.

The second change is also purely design-related. Microsoft updated the in-app ratings dialog, claiming that it is faster, more reliable and also aligns better with Windows 11's style.

Closing Words

Quick installs of free apps and games from Windows Search may boost downloads and it may improve the workflow for some users. Downside is that some users may install these suggested programs without really knowing much about them. Microsoft needs to get this right the first time it launches the feature in stable versions of Windows.

Now You: do you use Windows Search?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 31, 2023

2. Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 31, 2023
  4. You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results

1. You may soon install apps and games directly from Windows Search results - Similar Threads - may soon install

2. Windows 11 Search may soon open on hover

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Search may soon open on hover: Windows 11 users may soon use the built-in Search of the operating system by just hovering over the search field on the taskbar. The change landed in the latest Windows 11 Dev build and is hidden by default in that build. Earnings from sales of the Windows operating system...
  3. Soon, you may be able to kill open apps from the Windows taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Soon, you may be able to kill open apps from the Windows taskbar: The Windows operating system offers several methods to close programs and kill misbehaving processes. From using the x-icon in the program window to right-clicking on programs displayed on the taskbar and selecting close, to firing Alt-F4 at the program. Most of the methods...
  4. You may soon use Tabs in Notepad for Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    You may soon use Tabs in Notepad for Windows 11: Microsoft seems to be working on bringing support for tabs to the default Windows plain text editor Notepad. A screenshot of an internal version of Notepad was posted to Twitter by a Microsoft Senior Product Manager. The tweet has been deleted in the meantime, but the Web...
  5. Windows 10 may soon tell you which apps are using your camera

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 may soon tell you which apps are using your camera: Microsoft is testing a new feature that will let you know when your camera is in use when you hover the icon. The Redmond firm is testing the feature in the internal builds of Windows 10X and it’s likely that it will be added to the normal Windows 10 in the near future. If...
  6. no app results in windows search

in Cortana
    no app results in windows search: After booting up my device I realised that none of the installed apps are shown in the windows search. Some of the folders pop up but not the app itself and it was working fine yesterday. I have tried to run the troubleshooter, restarted the windows search service. I have...
  7. Windows 10 may soon notify you about new startup apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 may soon notify you about new startup apps: Microsoft is testing a new feature in Insider Builds of its Windows 10 operating system right now that notifies the user when a new startup application is recognized by the system. When you install programs or applications on Windows, some of them may want to start during...
  8. search results that are not apps are not selectable

in Windows 10 Support
    search results that are not apps are not selectable: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit edition. I upgraded from Windows 8 pro. When I search for non-apps, such as "power options", the search results appear properly. However, when I click on the power options search result (with the icon), nothing happens. Clicking on...
  9. Cortana search, these results may be incomplete

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search, these results may be incomplete: So I noticed cortana search is often showing a text at the top saying these results may be incomplete please try in a few minutes. But it never goes away. It didn't used to do this. I reckon only in last week or so. There have been no significant changes. I checked indexing...
  10. W10 Search Broken - These results may be incomplete

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Search Broken - These results may be incomplete: Hi. I recently performed a clean upgrade from a clean 8.1 Install of Windows Pro. It's connected to a domain and uses Folder Redirection. The search function finds NO programs or start menu shortcuts, desktop etc. When I click the start and start typing, a few...