Windows 10: "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I...

Discus and support "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I changed the administrator from the microsoft account to another user in my laptop then I restarted my pc just like in the instructions how to change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by florenceann, Jun 11, 2020.

1. "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I...

I changed the administrator from the microsoft account to another user in my laptop then I restarted my pc just like in the instructions how to change admin account when I tried to log in using the new admin account it says "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup" after I enter my password. now I can only sign in with the microsoft account, which is now a standard account.

What can I do? Please help me.

Thank you!

:)

florenceann, Jun 11, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 11, 2020
  4. "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I...

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

"you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I...

1. "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " is showing whenever I... - Similar Threads - must online complete

2. "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how the account is setup"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how the account is setup": I'm having the "you cannot play online multiplayer because your acc" thing but when I try to fix it, it just brings me to the gold options cause I downloaded it when I had gold but I already purchased it in that time then gold ran out so now it won't let me play online?, all...
  3. "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how the account is setup"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how the account is setup": I'm having the "you cannot play online multiplayer because your acc" thing but when I try to fix it, it just brings me to the gold options cause I downloaded it when I had gold but I already purchased it in that time then gold ran out so now it won't let me play online?, all...
  4. Unable to sign in 12 year old family member: You must be online the first time to complete...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to sign in 12 year old family member: You must be online the first time to complete...: Older 5 years Toshiba Laptop running Windows 10 version 1709. I am the adult - I've signed in with my Microsoft account. I've added a family member, indicated he's a child. Checked off the button to allow him to sign into the computer. So when the computer starts up, I...
  5. my system is showing an error "you must be online the first time to complete your account...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my system is showing an error "you must be online the first time to complete your account...: my wife can sign on into her account, but i cant. how do i get into my account??? my system is showing an error "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " in window 10...
  6. Stuck on lockscreen - error: you must be online the first time to complete account set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on lockscreen - error: you must be online the first time to complete account set up: HELP! I’m stuck at the lockscreen with an error “You must be online the first time to complete account setup” what happened: - I was trying to add my computer/device on my microsoft account since i am accessing the microsoft store the first time. I tried to switch to local...
  7. you must be online the first time to complete your account setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you must be online the first time to complete your account setup: Microsoft & Adobe think I am not connected to the internet when I am. It is not the firewall, I had 2 techs from Adobe try and fault find only to give up in the end and refund the cost of the software I was trying to install. Now I have the same issue with Microsoft. I...
  8. Popup message 'Mail: To help protect your Online Id account you must signin again'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popup message 'Mail: To help protect your Online Id account you must signin again': A few users of Windows Live Mail have reported seeing this message when launching the program: [ATTACH] One of these users opened the Mail app and found that his Outlook account 'needed updating.' It's not clear what he did, but after doing it, he wasn't bothered again by...
  9. Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the...: I have a Windows 10 Pro PC. Also made a local account and a dummy Microsoft account and tried to go to Settings> Accounts > and "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" and I'm getting the error message: "Oops something went wrong". 1. I've downloaded and ran the...
  10. Log in errors - You must log out first...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in errors - You must log out first...: I've a new computer (all in one desktop) and every single time I log in it comes up with this error... so it logs me out and when I log in again it's with a NEW temporary account.... I'm so frustrated... I personally have two Microsoft accounts (home and work) and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to overide you must be online the first time to complete account setup windows 10