Windows 10: you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

Discus and support you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bipina Bisoi, Dec 3, 2022.

1. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

How to activate

:)

Bipina Bisoi, Dec 3, 2022

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

I am trying to uninstall a driver that I cannot find in the Device Manager list .

In the Control Panel is the Dell Touchpad.

I want to reinstall it.

It asks for the uninstall administrator privileges though and this is strange because I am the administrator -checked that on the prompt also.

Is it Dell's issue Windows 10 issue or both?

Anyway I am posting this here first.

you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product fb1df2e3-c619-43b1-b373-ea6144020a15.png

Under the Dome

Panagiotis Brd, Dec 3, 2022
  4. d kwilson Win User

you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

Administrator with no privileges?

I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some
    of the old files - it preserved the old password and I cannot login to the new MySQL server because I don't have the old password. I can reset the password by saving an init file in c: directory. But windows will not allow me to save in this directory, says
    I do not have administrator privileges. I AM AN ADMINISTRATOR. I am listed in control panel as an administrator. Why is this happening and how to fix? Please don't ask me to go to control panel and see if I am an administrator, I AM AN ADMINISTRATOR. Thanks
    for any useful help.

d kwilson, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

1. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product - Similar Threads - must administrative privileges

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. Don't have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  5. Don't have administrator privileges

Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  6. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  7. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  8. Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges???: i have 4 PC's all with singles users, all set up as admin as they are the only account on the PC i go to down load a driver for a printer and it says i dont have sufficient privileges ... log on again with administrator privileges.. which i have as i am the single user and...
  9. I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges: So I'm trying to download some plugins for Cubase 10.5, but every time I try to save the actual plugin in the VST3 file it says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." Ok, whatever, I right click the file location and edit properties, then permissions,...
  10. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...