Windows 10: You must install .NET 3.5 ?!

Discus and support You must install .NET 3.5 ?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I had recently come across a strange problem: When ever I tried to Install 'Virtual-Tablet-Server' on my PC, it doesn't even install,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SreeRam S, Jul 27, 2020.

1. SreeRam S Win User

You must install .NET 3.5 ?!

Hello Guys,

I had recently come across a strange problem:

When ever I tried to Install 'Virtual-Tablet-Server' on my PC, it doesn't even install, it quits with a message saying "You must install .NET 3.5", even though I have had install .NET twice in my PC Uninstalled and installed when a windows update broked it, and I don't know how. The programs that explicitly depends on this framework, other than this program works flawlessly, without any hiccups. This particular program depends on another MSI package which is extracted to the "%TEMP% folder. The MSI package gives the above message, whereas the main installer gives this error code "0x80070643". I searched the web about this error code, but nothing worked for me. Someone at the Microsoft community asked to download the .NET repair tool, which I did, and nothing happened, the program gives the same message. After this trial, I tried to install the latest .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.8 on my computer which then gives me now this error code "0x800F0805".

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

BIOS:

BIOS Date: 11/05/12 15:20:32

Ver: 04.06.04 type: BIOS
    Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 4 CPUs, ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM 4 GB

Link to FixDotNet20200727060221072: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ax3fjeWRA1fXhvvjtImfHeMM6s-4Mkw3/view?usp=sharing

:)

SreeRam S, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

.NET Framework 3.5 problems

Hi Larry,

The .NET Framework 3.5 is not automatically installed with Windows 10, and must be separately enabled to run applications that depend on it. To enable .NET Framework 3.5 and to know more about it, kindly access this

article
    . The article contains different steps you need to do to enable the .NET Framework 3.5. We suggest you do the
    Install the .NET Framework 3.5 on Demand and the Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel
    steps first.

Kindly share with us the result after you performed the steps found on the article we provided.

Argel Obm, Jul 27, 2020
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2020
  4. You must install .NET 3.5 ?!

Anthony Gal, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

You must install .NET 3.5 ?!

1. You must install .NET 3.5 ?! - Similar Threads - must install NET

2. it says you must install missing frameworks for .net

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it says you must install missing frameworks for .net: It tried to update to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-you-must-install-missing-frameworks-for/1cba0387-9c19-4eae-ae81-be1d1f01ff96
  3. it says you must install missing frameworks for .net

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it says you must install missing frameworks for .net: It tried to update to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-you-must-install-missing-frameworks-for/1cba0387-9c19-4eae-ae81-be1d1f01ff96
  4. it says you must install missing frameworks for .net

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  6. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

.NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  7. .net 5

.net 5: Hello, While opening "HandBrake" program to add subtitle to a movie, got a notice there is an update to the program. Downloaded the update and tried to work with it, but it gave me a notice this program needs .NET. In the notice is a link to download this .NET, version 5.0.9....
  8. NET Framwork 5 not installing on 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NET Framwork 5 not installing on 21h1: I was running software that uses Net 5. After installing 21h1 it seems to override the 5 version with 4.8, so the app doesn't run. Any clues how to get NET 5 on the PC ? Tests already doneClean WIN install load NET5 and the app worksAs soon as I run the updater it's puts 4.8...
  9. "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET...

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET...: I recently decided to perform a system recovery on my desktop because I was unable to uninstall apps and the system was overall slower than usual. After the system recovery was successful, Whenever I tried to open or install applications or programs, I would receive the...
  10. you first must install the following versions of the .NET framework: v4.0.3019

you first must install the following versions of the .NET framework: v4.0.3019: I did install net 4.8. But it still reminded me that need .Net Framework V4.0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-first-must-install-the-following-versions-of/07da383e-b41e-461e-892e-828cf4d38918

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve errors in virtualtablet server

2. VirtualTablet Server must NET3.5