Windows 10: You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10

Discus and support You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a fresh install on windows 10, signed in with my Microsoft Account and downloaded a few things. I'm trying to move a file from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scorponok v3, Jul 24, 2020.

1. You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10

Hello,

I just did a fresh install on windows 10, signed in with my Microsoft Account and downloaded a few things.

I'm trying to move a file from my downloads to System32, when I get said error.

What can I do? I've tried every tip youtube has to offer with no luck.

Thank you.

:)

Scorponok v3, Jul 24, 2020
  2. lbeck Win User

"you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?

I don't know what you mean "Go to the computer that you do have permission". The computer that I'm using doesn't grant me permission to copy a file. I have done the routine that you suggest using the properties dialog.
    You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10 [​IMG]

lbeck, Jul 26, 2020
  3. A. Noyed Win User
    You Need Permission To Perform This Action

Microsoft clearly just hates the customers. After working fine for months, if I want to move a file from one computer to another on the homegroup- you need permission to perform this action.

Well that is crap. There is no way to get the permission!!!! I don't need permission to toss all these machines in the garbage and go back to apple. BAH!!!!

A. Noyed, Jul 26, 2020
  4. You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10

You need permission to perform this action

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to ensure you are logged into an Administrator user account and check if you still find the issue. Generally, this error message is related to permissions and ownership. If you do not have sufficient permissions to view the file/folder/drive
    you get this error message. I suggest you to try to take the ownership of this drive and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type in the command takeown /f <drive_name> \ /R /D Y
    • You can replace the < drive_name(F)> with the target drive name.

For more details about Permissions refer the link below.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783530(v=ws.10).aspx

Also try the transfer on a different computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10

1. You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - need permission perform

2. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You need permission to perform this action": As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action/f5893ff2-aa88-4d23-a48a-f75ddc3136e2
  3. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need permission to perform this action": As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action/f5893ff2-aa88-4d23-a48a-f75ddc3136e2
  4. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. You need permission to perform this action on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You need permission to perform this action on Windows 10: There are some files necessary for the proper working of your computer. Therefore, Microsoft doesn’t want you to edit these files. Because of this, you may see a “You need permission to perform this action” message on Windows 10. Even though it is not an error but it can be a...
  6. “you need permission to perform this action”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “you need permission to perform this action”: i need some help figuring this out all i want to do is simply drag and drop something into my folder inside the windowsapp folder but its not letting me and ive tried changing who has access to it and there is only one account on the computer and it wont let me change it....
  7. You need permission to perform this action.

You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  8. You need permission to perform this action.

You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  9. you need permission to perform this action

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    you need permission to perform this action: So basically I just got a new laptop and whenever i try to delete certain files this notification comes up and it prevents me from deleting the file. I've watched many videos on youtube to fix this problem but none works. I'm the only account on this laptop and I am the...
  10. You need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You need permission to perform this action: New Dell XPS-8900 running Win10. I created a Homegroup on the 8900 and joined the Homegroup with my Win8.1 laptop. When I try to copy a file from the laptop to the 8900 (or from the 8900 to the laptop) I get this error: ..... You need permission to perform this action....