Windows 10: "You need permission to perform this action"

Discus and support "You need permission to perform this action" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elijah Malanao, Oct 2, 2022.

1. "You need permission to perform this action"

As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this?

:)

Elijah Malanao, Oct 2, 2022
  2. lbeck Win User

"you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?

I don't know what you mean "Go to the computer that you do have permission". The computer that I'm using doesn't grant me permission to copy a file. I have done the routine that you suggest using the properties dialog.
    "You need permission to perform this action" [​IMG]

lbeck, Oct 2, 2022
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 2, 2022
  4. A. Noyed Win User

"You need permission to perform this action"

You Need Permission To Perform This Action

Microsoft clearly just hates the customers. After working fine for months, if I want to move a file from one computer to another on the homegroup- you need permission to perform this action.

Well that is crap. There is no way to get the permission!!!! I don't need permission to toss all these machines in the garbage and go back to apple. BAH!!!!

A. Noyed, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

"You need permission to perform this action"

1. "You need permission to perform this action" - Similar Threads - need permission perform

2. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need permission to perform this action": As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action/f5893ff2-aa88-4d23-a48a-f75ddc3136e2
  3. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You need permission to perform this action": As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action/f5893ff2-aa88-4d23-a48a-f75ddc3136e2
  4. “you need permission to perform this action”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “you need permission to perform this action”: i need some help figuring this out all i want to do is simply drag and drop something into my folder inside the windowsapp folder but its not letting me and ive tried changing who has access to it and there is only one account on the computer and it wont let me change it....
  5. You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You need permission to perform this action - Windows 10: Hello, I just did a fresh install on windows 10, signed in with my Microsoft Account and downloaded a few things. I'm trying to move a file from my downloads to System32, when I get said error. What can I do? I've tried every tip youtube has to offer with no luck....
  6. You need permission to perform this action.

You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  7. You need permission to perform this action.

You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  8. you need permission to perform this action

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    you need permission to perform this action: So basically I just got a new laptop and whenever i try to delete certain files this notification comes up and it prevents me from deleting the file. I've watched many videos on youtube to fix this problem but none works. I'm the only account on this laptop and I am the...
  9. "you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?: I frequently get the error message "you need permission to perform this action". Most recently, trying to copy a file from a notebook networked drive to my desktop computer. I'm the only person using my computers and network. Of course, I have administrator privileges. How...
  10. You need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You need permission to perform this action: New Dell XPS-8900 running Win10. I created a Homegroup on the 8900 and joined the Homegroup with my Win8.1 laptop. When I try to copy a file from the laptop to the 8900 (or from the 8900 to the laptop) I get this error: ..... You need permission to perform this action....